• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3-8-16 Canyons

legalskier

Headed over to Canyons for Day 2. Warmed up off of Saddleback chair and Tombstone chair, then headed up to Peak 5 chair and skied some tree runs like Abyss. Made our way over to 99-90 chair and traversed over to Red Pine Chutes.
attachment.php

"Watch out for the cliff over there."
attachment.php

Yeah, that one.
attachment.php

Fool's Paradise off Dreamcatcher chair. Good steeps, big bumps.
attachment.php

Lunch at Cloud Dine lodge, with unnamed bowl in distance- note the sick powder 8s all over it.
attachment.php

Back to 99-90, looking at unnamed out of bounds bowl on skier's right where nobody respected the ropes.

Another good workout, lungs adjusting nicely.

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 181

drjeff

Do they still call it Canyons? I thought the whole thing was called PCMR now.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

The name now is the Park City Resort, and then within the resort they have The Canyons side and the Park City side

thetrailboss

Staff member
The name now is the Park City Resort, and then within the resort they have The Canyons side and the Park City side

Nice report, I was going to say the same ;)

Your unnamed bowl is the Dutch Draw I believe. It is off limits because it has serious avalanche issues and, IIRC, someone has been killed there.