Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    What it doesn't mean is any feeling Krusty has towards the Heritage crowd.
    When you wish bad things on good people because you despise them for something they have, that is the definition of envy. Especially when you do it repeatedly. Do you detest the Heritage people too? You seem pretty passionate about this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    If anything, I think it's you who envy high wealth people. That envy magnified because you haven't reached that status despite your self proclaimed expertise on financial markets and numerous other subjects that make you deserving in your mind of a CEO position. You're basically projecting your own envy on Kusty.
    Well that certainly took an odd turn. Do not drink and post on Friday nights!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    Not everyone wants to be monetarily wealthy. Hell, lots of people would say real wealth lies in things like family, friendship and a life spent doing the things you love.
    Those would be the "healthy" people.

I grew up in the 3rd richest county in the richest country on the planet - I've known plenty of happy people who were rich, plenty of miserable people who were rich, plenty of happy people who were not rich, and plenty of miserable people who were not rich. It is absolutely 100% true that money does not "buy" happiness.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Fact, all private ski areas fail. Some faster than others.
    2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    I agree. It doesn't make them a loser, either. It makes them lucky.
    Lucky sperm club.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    Fact, all private ski areas fail. Some faster than others.
    That's not a fact at all, there are plenty of successful ones out there. Most are more low key. But I guess everything fails eventually, so you're some what correct. At some point all ski areas whether public or private will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    ^yea, that. I just have very little in the way of sympathy for a bunch of richers who decided they were too good for the publicly available options, and their snotty children.
    Careful what you wish for ... if Hermitage fails, their members - who you so despise - will have no place to go and will likely show up at your favorite hill.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    When you wish bad things on good people because you despise them for something they have, that is the definition of envy. Especially when you do it repeatedly. Do you detest the Heritage people too? You seem pretty passionate about this.

Well that certainly took an odd turn. Do not drink and post on Friday nights!.
    No,

Wishing bad things on people different than you might make you a jerk, but that isn't always rooted in the emotion of "envy".

I don't detest the members of the Hermitage at all. I don't share Kustys point of view. I really couldn't care less about the situation other than I feel the ownership is pushing the envelope of their financial obligations with late payments and that's not cool.

Not everyone wants the financial means of the country club lifestyle. Those that do, but can't achieve it would be the people who have envy. Not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand other than this being another example of your typical black and white stereotyping that you are known for.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

This thread and its sentiments make me dislike the internet a few notches today.

If you want to criticize management, the financial decisions and mistakes they made, I get that. Granted, we don't have access to their books or numbers, but it appears that mistakes were made. So, if you want to take them to task, I can understand.

What I can't get is ripping into people who joined the club and hoping the club fails. Seriously guys? I'm sure most of of these folks made a choice to join based on what the club offered and had no input into how the company runs its finances or pays it's taxes. It's kind of like looking at a company that has top brass that makes some bad financial decisions...then you crap all over the employees and cheer when they are suddenly out of a job.

I think any of us who ski are pretty fortunate in life. Most people on this forum are able to take days off work, drive hundreds of miles to slide down a mountain on gear that cost hundreds and into thousands of dollars. This whole activity is beyond discretionary. To rip on people for different levels of discretionary spending seems a bit trivial.
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Too much common sense.
    It would be sad to see any ski area fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    I think we all wish we could be wealthy losers. Don't we?

Don't forget the Powerball tix tonight!

I may not be envious of the people who are members at the hermatage, but I am envious of having the ability to drop the amount of money it costs to be a member.
    If I could have that level of $ life would be ALOT more relaxing. Work less, if at all and be able to enjoy life for myself doing the things I love.
    Envy does not have to be a bad thing. Wishing bad on people because they have what you don't is a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Thread Information