Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    ASC owner Cranmore and Waterville for not even a full year. Cranmore got the skimobile Express out of it and Waterville just got the now shortened White Peaks Express.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

That sounds about right.... I know they weren't linked in anyway, cause I had to work a full schedule at each place......
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    ASC owner Cranmore and Waterville for not even a full year. Cranmore got the skimobile Express out of it and Waterville just got the now shortened White Peaks Express.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 2Planker View Post
    I will have to disagree, as a 30 year Patroller at SR and The Cat, all thru the 90's w/ Less Otten's Buying Craze, WC was always a solo hill until the merger w/ Attitash

ASC did buy Waterville, BUT that only lasted 1-2 seasons as they were forced to sell it....

Read Downhill Slide by John Clifford
    Probably then was just me taking advantage of the college rate then back when I was in dental school!

A day at Wildcat was always on my March vacation week plans back then!!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

Going to be interesting to see what happens.....

Members and employees from race coaches to snowmakers tell me that it's "business as usual" so far this year.....

Heck their snowmakers made enough snow over on one of the trails in their witches expert area that they actually had a moderate sized snowmaking avalanche 2 days ago that almost took out 2 of their employees!!!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

Wow, hope that gets sorted out. Wonder how many of the units there are own town services?
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

I'm probably a jerk, but I get a certain schadenfreude when rich people's little playgrounds prove unsustainable.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Heck their snowmakers made enough snow over on one of the trails in their witches expert area that they actually had a moderate sized snowmaking avalanche 2 days ago that almost took out 2 of their employees!!!
    Well, you have to make snow when the water is still turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    I'm probably a jerk, but I get a certain schadenfreude when rich people's little playgrounds prove unsustainable.
    Yeah, that's being a jerk. The investors didn't do anything wrong and certainly weren't investing in something that was a bad or evil thing.

$87,000 is pocket change for a club that just assessed their members $10k each. Seems like they are playing games, trying to see which bill they can put off for the longest period of time, with the least consequences.

^yea, that. I just have very little in the way of sympathy for a bunch of richers who decided they were too good for the publicly available options, and their snotty children.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Thread Information