Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 520
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    ^yea, that. I just have very little in the way of sympathy for a bunch of richers who decided they were too good for the publicly available options, and their snotty children.
    I don't consider myself to be Hermitage Club rich, but I pay for things all of the time that are designed to give me some level of comfort. I often pay to fly first class, for example. I do so because it's nice not to be rubbing shoulders with the person in the seat next to you. When traveling between Boston and New York I don't take the bus. I take the train or fly. On my last vacation, I paid extra for a private shuttle to the resort rather than the shared van that was included in my package.



    I'm not willing to throw a stone in a glass house. What's the point in having money if you don't spend a little bit of it on nice things.

  2. #52
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    4,523
    Quote Originally Posted by njdiver85 View Post
    $87,000 is pocket change for a club that just assessed their members $10k each. Seems like they are playing games, trying to see which bill they can put off for the longest period of time, with the least consequences.
    No need to play by the rules of the poors. Paying your bills on time is for the weak, the suckers, the losers, amirite??? It’s the age of Trump, my friends! Screw everyone you can!

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    I don't consider myself to be Hermitage Club rich, but I pay for things all of the time that are designed to give me some level of comfort. I often pay to fly first class, for example. I do so because it's nice not to be rubbing shoulders with the person in the seat next to you. When traveling between Boston and New York I don't take the bus. I take the train or fly. On my last vacation, I paid extra for a private shuttle to the resort rather than the shared van that was included in my package.

    I'm not willing to throw a stone in a glass house. What's the point in having money if you don't spend a little bit of it on nice things.
    those things are way different than joining some ridiculously priced rich persons ski club that doesn't even have good terrain. no one is spending "a little bit of it" to be a member there. they are spending outrageous amounts, and I am enjoying that their little club will be kaput.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

  4. #54
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,313
    Great that they made all that snow maybe they should pay their bills. i have nothing against the members just the people running the place at this moment. I couldn't care less about what the members spend their money on nor care about what happens to the place. I care about them paying their bills and not playing games with tax payers money. I have to pay my bills and so should they.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

  5. #55
    One thing that is definitely troubling is that the little folks in town who remain users of the water system will get stiffed if they don't pay their bill.

  6. #56
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    One thing that is definitely troubling is that the little folks in town who remain users of the water system will get stiffed if they don't pay their bill.
    exactly. Also the statement they made of "we employ 500 people you can't do this to us"
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

  7. #57
    WWF-VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MA & Fayston, VT
    Posts
    2,331
    Looks like Biff and Muffy will have to have to pack a few extra gallons of Fiji Water this weekend

  8. #58
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Looks like Biff and Muffy will have to have to pack a few extra gallons of Fiji Water this weekend
    And go over to mt snow to use the rest rooms
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Also the statement they made of "we employ 500 people you can't do this to us"
    Well, let's be honest about this. For all of you folks cheering the demise of a rich people's playground, remember that people that are very far from rich will be losing their livelihood.

  10. #60
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Well, let's be honest about this. For all of you folks cheering the demise of a rich people's playground, remember that people that are very far from rich will be losing their livelihood.
    No matter how much you make - Rich people are people who make more than you. Poor people are those that make less than you.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:41 PM.