Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    but I don't respect those people very much as skiers.
    I'm struggling to see why that matters. It's their life, not yours. Nobody is forcing YOU to ski at Hermitage.

I'm content knowing that there are different options for different people. They don't need my "respect" to take advantage of those options, and they don't lose my "respect" if they do. I'm just happy that they, as skiers, are happy. Don't we want happy skiers?

ah, yes, I did misread.

that is true, but I don't respect those people very much as skiers. choosing haystack because its exclusive, despite it being a shit hill. its a status symbol. I don't care for status symbols.
    Just to be clear... have you ever even skied Haystack? Ive been there four times and its really not that terrible.. 1,400 vertical, "decent" steeps and some great tree lines (I could spend days in the Enchanted Forrest alone).

I have skied haystack, but the last time I did was probably still the 20th century.

its a fine little hill for a $60/day public ticket. it's a stupid ass place for an exclusive private club.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    It depends on what you value. Lots of people who have money work extremely long hours for that money. They can't take the time to fly all over the world, but they can get in the car on a Friday night for a few weekends of skiing. Perhaps they also value the camaraderie of a club and they don't want to be with strangers every time they go skiing.

I'm not saying that the Hermitage Club is for me, but I just don't get the entitled feeling of believing that you know best what is for someone else.
    Dont forget the summer golfing.. Im sure that drives some of the market

I just don't get it. $87,000 should be pocket change for a place like this. If they can not write a check for $87K - they should be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    I just don't get it. $87,000 should be pocket change for a place like this. If they can not write a check for $87K - they should be shut down.
    It is pocket change when you look collectively at the net worth of the members. But perhaps the members are not willing to throw good money after bad. I certainly wouldn't want to be writing checks only to realize that I am the last person at the party.

I suspect that they will pay the money just in the nick of time, but this doesn't bode well for the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    It is pocket change when you look collectively at the net worth of the members. But perhaps the members are not willing to throw good money after bad. I certainly wouldn't want to be writing checks only to realize that I am the last person at the party.

I suspect that they will pay the money just in the nick of time, but this doesn't bode well for the long run.
    If they don't pay - they should shut off all services and place a lien on the place.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    If they don't pay - they should shut off all services and place a lien on the place.
    That's the way it works.

I can have disdain for wealthy losers without being envious of them. thanks for telling me how I feel tho.
    Wealthy and losers are two words that don't really go together. Some people are wealthy because they inherited it and some because they worked hard. In neither case does that make them losers.

Last time I checked skiing in general was considered an elite sport. I guess to people who don't ski you're a wealthy loser and so am I. Except I'm not.

being born on third base doesn't make someone a winner.

Thread Information