Haystack / Hermitage news - Page 62

AlpineZone

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Seem only half are willing to pay the 15k
    Even less than that. They have 525 members and need 400 of those to commit (76% of overall members). At this point, only 209 voted in favor...that's slightly under 40%.

This article almost seems to contradict itself. It tries to put a positive spin on a vote that doesn't get you near what you need. I'm not seeing any clear next step in the article based on that voting result.

Interesting spin for the president to say "the majority voted in favor of the plan" when in reality over 60% either were against it or didn't vote. Anyone have any insight into why so many members (~30%) didn't vote at all?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Even less than that. They have 525 members and need 400 of those to commit (76% of overall members). At this point, only 209 voted in favor...that's slightly under 40%.

This article almost seems to contradict itself. It tries to put a positive spin on a vote that doesn't get you near what you need. I'm not seeing any clear next step in the article based on that voting result.

Interesting spin for the president to say "the majority voted in favor of the plan" when in reality over 60% either were against it or didn't vote. Anyone have any insight into why so many members (~30%) didn't vote at all?
    From what a member friend of mine, who i was tailgating with at the Patriots game on Sunday said, he felt that the speed at which this all came together (as he put it, it was less than a week from when he received the e-mail explaining things and when he had to respond with his vote) combined with what I'm sure is some added skepticism and wanting to do some thorough due diligence before voting, likely effected the total vote totals.

The reality is that the hard deadline for which they need to get pre ski season mountain prep aggressively going is rapidly approaching, especially when you factor in the legal proceedings that also need to be sorted out, so speed of getting a response from the members is of the essence
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

Alright I am a little confused now. The article from the Reformer on pg61 says the members voted yes and that things are moving forward. The reality is that the majority either voted no or did not vote at all, likely due to ridiculously short notice of said vote. So where do we stand on 9/11/18 with the club less than three months away from when skiing operations usually begin? It sounds like the members that they currently have are not very willing to give that $15K. Can you imagine getting that email? Even Warren would be a little hesitant to just give the money away after the crap that went on last year from beginning to end.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

15k/year seems low. is that per person? per family? does that include property taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    15k/year seems low. is that per person? per family? does that include property taxes?
    It was only 9k so an increase of 66% is a large increase not knowing if this was only a bandaid that really isn't fixing the issues. I would assume it does not include property taxes and it is per household.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    If that's the standard membership you get 1 season pass and I think something like 80-100 lift tickets for your family and friends (I forget the exact number). Also you get greens fees I think for your family, assuming the golf course opens. Has nothing to do with property taxes. Everyone I know in the club already had a place before they joined, so don't know all that much about the properties the Hermitage build/sold.

Property the Hermitage built/sold came with a year of membership and a discount for future years, but there were all kinds of games being played to make deals happen etc. "Would you be interested in buying if we include multiple years or an extra family membership for a friend?" I heard of that one first hand... The $15K is for the whole family unit to join for a year with lift tickets, unlimited golfing, a locker, gym, and lap pool at the Clubhouse, and comes with a boat load of lift tickets for friends and family. For $15,000 dare I say it's not a bad deal at all. You gotta figure a family of four is paying $2,000 for season passes to Mount Snow, a little more if the kids are a little older. Country Club membership is not cheap either, a decent club your easily in the thousands. Factor in the silly levels of exclusivity for the whole place and how much value is placed on that and the whole playground for rich vibe going. Suddenly it isn't that crazy.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Property the Hermitage built/sold came with a year of membership and a discount for future years, but there were all kinds of games being played to make deals happen etc. "Would you be interested in buying if we include multiple years or an extra family membership for a friend?" I heard of that one first hand... The $15K is for the whole family unit to join for a year with lift tickets, unlimited golfing, a locker, gym, and lap pool at the Clubhouse, and comes with a boat load of lift tickets for friends and family. For $15,000 dare I say it's not a bad deal at all. You gotta figure a family of four is paying $2,000 for season passes to Mount Snow, a little more if the kids are a little older. Country Club membership is not cheap either, a decent club your easily in the thousands. Factor in the silly levels of exclusivity for the whole place and how much value is placed on that and the whole playground for rich vibe going. Suddenly it isn't that crazy.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    As I have heard many of my member friends say multiple times over the years, they felt that what they got for what their annual dues were was a bargain. And as I posted before, many of them felt that the "realistic" annual dues should of been in that 15k range.

While not a small number for many to grasp, when you take a look at the amenities offered and the value that the time with one's family in a less crowded environment as the club sells itself on, it becomes a very reasonable price point for their target demographic, even if it seems absurd to others
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Property the Hermitage built/sold came with a year of membership and a discount for future years, but there were all kinds of games being played to make deals happen etc. "Would you be interested in buying if we include multiple years or an extra family membership for a friend?" I heard of that one first hand...
    Yup. Seems like lots of people negotiated stuff, then the word got out that you could negotiate and now everybody's membership is different. One guy I know got a group together and was able to get them all a lower price on the initiation fee. Must be a bear to keep track of. Streamlining to everyone paying $15,000 for say a family of 5 and X number extra tix would probably be a good idea. Not sure how that would all work with existing contracts if it's still technically the same company. Big giant mess!!! I just hope the ski area somehow survives one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    As I have heard many of my member friends say multiple times over the years, they felt that what they got for what their annual dues were was a bargain. And as I posted before, many of them felt that the "realistic" annual dues should of been in that 15k range.

While not a small number for many to grasp, when you take a look at the amenities offered and the value that the time with one's family in a less crowded environment as the club sells itself on, it becomes a very reasonable price point for their target demographic, even if it seems absurd to others
    Obviously though a lot don't want to pay the 15k
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Thread Information