• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bald Eagles

Cornhead

Very cool, I guess you can hang with us turkeys, and soar with the eagles.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Very cool, I guess you can hang with us turkeys, and soar with the eagles.

Ha ha ,The juvenile Eagles didn't learn thermal etiquette yet the first person that gets to the thermal establishes the turn of direction mom or dad was turning one way and they were turning the opposite way .It was an awesome day I could also see the skyline of Manhattan "80+ Miles" kind of tempered my mood. 2012 spent Half an hour with one and no camera .every time I go out now I take a camera with me. Always watch for soaring birds ,Hawks seem a bit ambivalent more like cats they kind of do their own thing and don't bother with you .Eagles are more like dogs they'll hang with you and get really close at one time five feet directly above me .Vultures are just pure evil I was really low one day working a weak thermal and spotted a group of vultures circling, I left what I had I went over to watch them landing in the trees I ended up landing in a field nearby they sat in the tree and stared at me .