• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jumbo Glacier Resort

HowieT2

but werent those villages in europe there long before there was any skiing? so they dont have to build/pay for a village/base area and use govt. funds to build and operate the lifts.

abc

but werent those villages in europe there long before there was any skiing? so they dont have to build/pay for a village/base area and use govt. funds to build and operate the lifts.
The villages are already there (in many, but not all, cases). But the lifts are typically not, therefore had to be build.

Whether the building of the lift are using either village funds or government funds, I've never heard of government funds OPERATE the lifts.

Los

My first reaction is yes. The demand will be there as the climate kept on getting warmer.

But I know nothing about this place. Whether it's the best location for another ski resort or not. So I'm not saying I support the building of this particular one. Just that one needs to look quite far ahead when planning for a ski resort. After all, it takes a while to get it build. It may just be the right timing when it's ready.

sorry to respond to a post from april, but YES, this is absolutely true. Demand is not an issue for the reasons stated.