• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 4-5-2016

bdfreetuna

Father and son called in for a snow day. Killington looked to have 6" fresh or so and I knew it was going to be corduroy city up there.

And it was. Amazingly fun and easy skiing. Like mid winter in a normal season except with way less trails open.

Everything that was open was gold. The only trail that was less than a 10/10 was Superstar due to it getting the most traffic. Everything else was 10/10 hero skiing.

Blue skies all day. Even the old man was slaying trails and smiling all day. I was just tearing it up, there was zero ice to be found ... finally!

Conditions: Packed powder and perfect corduroy20160405_100814.jpg20160405_110352.jpg20160405_115402.jpg20160405_123259.jpg

MommaBear

All in the timing - spoke with a client Tuesday who skied there Saturday - said it was so bad they quit early. Too much ice. Nice that you got the goods!

Savemeasammy

All in the timing - spoke with a client Tuesday who skied there Saturday - said it was so bad they quit early. Too much ice. Nice that you got the goods!

Anyone who quit early last Saturday did it wrong. I was there and it really sucked in the morning, but after about 1 it was nice spring skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Anyone who quit early last Saturday did it wrong. I was there and it really sucked in the morning, but after about 1 it was nice spring skiing.

We didn't even start till 2pm. Had a blast.

Savemeasammy

We didn't even start till 2pm. Had a blast.

I was skiing with my 8 year old, so my strategy was different than it would have been had I gone solo...! My legs were already getting tired by the time the snow softened up.

You made the better call!

steamboat1

Too bad we didn't get to meet Tues. Tuna since I was there also. Agree with your report about the excellent skiing except for your comments about Superstar which I found to be excellent too.

bdfreetuna

Hey Steamboat1 yeah man we probably passed each other at some point. Superstar run #1 in the morning was prime. Then later in the afternoon I'd only give it a 8/10 because I went down the bumps on the side and they were kind of hit or miss with some ice and scrapiness.

Keep in mind I never sharpen my edges so you probably got better carves on it than I did