• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Copper Mountain 04/08

4aprice

50/50 day at Copper today. Typical spring day in that the morning featured hard surfaces and fast Colorado Cruisers, from 11:30-12:00 on softening snow bumps and trees. It has been quite some time since I had been to Copper (mid 80's maybe) and I certainly forgotten how nice a place it is (not that I ever thought it was bad) Big regret is the wife was not with us as both the boy and I agreed that she would (and will) be in paradise.
IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

Cold and fast Colorado Cruisers in the morning. Had a really good time opening it up.

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_10451.jpg

While waiting for upper terrain to thaw the boy got in some air practice in one of the terrain Parks

Finally about 11:30 the sun worked its magic and the bowls, bumps and trees came into play

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

Very enjoyable day at Copper and can't wait to visit next year with the Max Pass. Tomorrow is Loveland to finish off the season at an even 20 days, 1/2 my normal amount. Getting myself ready for a summer dryland training dropping a few pounds and being in better skiing shape for next year.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ