• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River - April 10th, 2016

jrd100

Today was the last day Jordan Bowl, Aurora, North Peak and South Ridge were open. Probably a good thing, the snow was getting sparse in some sections but still great skiing. Conditions were firm up until 2 pm or so then the snow softened up just a little but not too much. Sunday River wants to stay open until May 1st, this should be doable provided temps are below freezing every night for the next couple of weeks and there is not an extended heat wave. Had a lot of fun, conditions still really good.

Mahoosucs / South Ridge
IMG_0463.JPG

Lollapalooza
IMG_0477.JPG

Sunday Punch
IMG_0480.JPG

South Paw
IMG_0483.JPG

Barker /Locke Mountain
IMG_0499.JPG

Barker / Locke
IMG_0504.JPG

White Heat / White Cap
IMG_0505.JPG

shwilly

Nice pics. We were there this weekend too. There are still a lot of fun turns to be had, but you can tell it's winding down. Certain spots are getting thin. I think I might have gotten the last run of the season on Shockwave yesterday.

For me personally, this weekend helped me accept the impending end of this ridiculous season. It's still been a lot of fun. We'll get em next year.

Jully

I was there Thursday in the rain. Some parts looked to have melted more since then / because of the rain event. Quite sad. Barker, Locke, White Cap, and even Spruce look fine here though. If temperatures stay like this I could see them making May 1, if not May 1 then the week before for sure.

Vortex

Sat was a really good day. I thought Excalibur may have skied the best it had all year. Black hole and Vortex were sweet
I quit early yesterday, hit Spruce, Right stuff was nice as well as Upper Vortex. I quit early and did not wait out the Wind holds.

Last edited: