• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River -2/14

ga2ski

It was EPIC. The snow is light and dry. Get out up here if you can. Not sure what the winds will be like tomorrow, then again not sure how long my legs will last tomorrow either.
I had third tracks on Vortex, 6th on Airglow, third on Lower portion Of N. Lights, 1st track on iCaramba (except for patrol) . Face shots Galore. Nice fluffy snow everywhere. Top gun was wicked awesome.
See you tomorrow if you can get here.

Skier75

It was EPIC. The snow is light and dry. Get out up here if you can. Not sure what the winds will be like tomorrow, then again not sure how long my legs will last tomorrow either.
I had third tracks on Vortex, 6th on Airglow, third on Lower portion Of N. Lights, 1st track on iCaramba (except for patrol) . Face shots Galore. Nice fluffy snow everywhere. Top gun was wicked awesome.
See you tomorrow if you can get here.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....how's that you make up there during the week??? The only time I can get up there is to use a vacation day and most of mine are already spoken for.

Terry

My son just called. They are having trouble grooming because it is avalanching on them. He is staying there tonight. SR is putting him up for the night. Brought his skis with him for first tracks in the AM!

askstowell

This sounds great...perfect timing! We'll be up there for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Can't wait.

Daughter loved it there last year (it was our one new "big area" we went to last year) and is looking forward to it again. Then it'll be off to N.Conway for a few days with a trip to Cranmore (our first) and her race on 2/23. It's going to be a great week!

klrskiah

My son just called. They are having trouble grooming because it is avalanching on them. He is staying there tonight. SR is putting him up for the night. Brought his skis with him for first tracks in the AM!

WOW:daffy: i sure hope they leave most ungroomed!!! Tomorrow is going to be unreal, im heading up around 6. It figures, i'm leaving for jackson hole friday morning and here we are getting nailed with the most snow in 3 years...

Vortex

I saw they closed down some of the mountain at 1 on Wed for grooming. Did not know the snow caused so many problems.;-) Best to groom some of it it before blows away. :spin: :smash:

Looks like lift/wind issues today. All this means is its great approaching the weekend.:lol:

Edd

I was there, too. Best day of the year. Everything kicked ass. Today was a bust due to wind hold; glad we made it there on Wed.

ga2ski

Yup windholds sucked today, but i made 4 runs (Enchanent Forest, 3D, Tempest, and Tightwire). The top 1" was a lil thick due to wind, but the broken up stuff was sweet.

Oh and I made it up there because I have 6 weeks of vacation time since last winter blew and i didn't take any days off to ski last year.

Edd

After we realized the mountain was nearly shut down we started driving south and, on a whim, stopped at Mt. Abrams. It was a two fer day (came out to $13.75 each) and they were running at 100%. They aren't open Mon-Wed so the whole storm was sitting there to ski. I dealt pretty well with the powder yesterday but got my ass kicked this afternoon. Abrams saved the day but, man, it was humbling.