• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So Who's Done?

MG Skier

Not done, I hope! Only 6 days in! Hoping to head up to Jay Peak one last time unless it snows, then twice! So much for my projected 20 days. It would be awesome if I could hit 10!

Kleetus

Heading up for what may be the last hurrah this weekend at Tremblant since they extended the season. May try to get 1 more bonus day in at K-mart after that depending on how they hold up.

machski

Be at SR Sunday and Monday, get a day in midweek at K (assuming they stay open mid week) next week then weekends SR and midweek day(s) if able at K into may. Planning the K tri assuming they make it.

Bumpsis

I threw in the towel quite some time ago. Usually, I always look forward to spring skiing, sun, corn, hero moguls (corn moguls). But this year, all these expectations were dashed. This is the first time that I encountered "spring ice" - the very hard, compacted cover that instead of just transforming itself into at least mashed potatoes, stayed as one uniform cover but it was just wet ice. Yeah, it was softer than its lower temp form, but just not fun.
With the weather staying somewhat warm(ish), it made more sense to start getting into biking shape. Bring on La Nina!!!!

snoseek

13 more days of lift served for me here and i intend to get out most of them now that work has slowed.

After that maybe some touring in the la sals and maybe a day or two at abasin or snowbird.

I usually like to close it down back east but thats not likely happening

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

xwhaler

25 days in and hopefully a final hurrah this wknd at Wildcat if my son wants to do some laps on the Snowcat
Time to start golf and boating seasons

Last edited:

MommaBear

Nice to see I'm not alone. I think a lot of what you said hit the nail on the head. I didn't make it into the woods once and there really haven't been that many fun bumps this year. For spring bumps many of the trails still open are either too thin or have too much ice underneath to properly bump up. :sad:

Definitely not alone. I've been trying to get up to Sugarbush to use some prepaid vouchers but my husband's been dragging his feet - no woods, no soft bumps, he's bored. Doesn't think its worth the ride or cost of lodging. Don't want to be done, but certainly looking like it at this point.

chuckstah

If the forecast holds, this looks like a full on spring skiing weekend. Planning on 3 days between Sugarloaf and SR. Still need to work out the details and convince my deadbeat friends that there is still snow. Or at least get couch privileges! Two more SR weekends after this one if it lasts, which is questionable by what I saw Sunday. Then a day or 2 on Superstar if it lasts into May?

abc

This is a self-selected group. Those who are done are not reading the forum any more. Only the hopeful remains. (and the hard core who are still skiing, of course).

I thought I was done when I came back from Mammoth. My limitation is time off from work. Condition in the northeast is poor and I didnt' think I have the time to go out west again. But as it turns out, there's a low period at work. i wrangled a long weekend and scored a cheap ticket to Calgary. So I'll have a few more days tacked on to end my season on a high note! (not that the last day at Mammoth wasn't already a high http://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...ny-misfortune-but-no-I-didn-t-miss-the-powder!)

Savemeasammy

This is a self-selected group. Those who are done are not reading the forum any more.

This^

It looks like some of the best conditions of the season are coming up. I'm not done.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smellytele

I'll be there in about 10hrs.(Wed.). Thurs. Fri. too. Yeah skiing sucks, to icy, no woods, no bumps. Damn I must be nuts. Honestly those not there if they could be are the nutty ones. I'm sure I'll have a blast.

Let me know how it skis Weds. Not that it matters I am skiing Thursday anyway.

The Sneak

Stowe with up to 8" fresh last wknd...was prob it for me.

Just got my road bike ready - treated myself to fulcrum zero wheels and Ultegra 6800 brakes ...

So I am prob done barring something unforeseen. Wish I were headed to Reggae wknd tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdskier

The perfect spring forecast for this weekend has me starting to feel the urge to drive back up to Sugarbush on Friday after work...

cdskier

Gotta be done:) Seasons not over yet.

May just ski Saturday though and not Sunday if I go. I won't feel like driving 5 hours home by myself on Sunday if I ski that day...