• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stenger and Quiros Ousted from Management of Jay Peak and Burke

drjeff

Trying to figure out in 5 years from now when we look back on mega ski area management screw ups whether this Quiros - Stenger EB-5 debacle or the Powdr - Park City Mtn Resort forgot to notify Talisker they intended to renew their land lease, will be looked at as the "worst" screw up???

Hawkshot99

Trying to figure out in 5 years from now when we look back on mega ski area management screw ups whether this Quiros - Stenger EB-5 debacle or the Powdr - Park City Mtn Resort forgot to notify Talisker they intended to renew their land lease, will be looked at as the "worst" screw up???

That's a great question. I would have to say the PCMR personally. It was a small fuck up that cost them greatly, were this was massive blatent fraud. This wasn't a screw up except that they got caught.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hunter Mountain was worth way more than Jay Peak prior to millions of dollars of "free money" parachuted into JP. Frankly, I'm not even confident Jay Peak should be valued > Hunter Mountain even today, post millions of dollars of "free money" parachuted into it.

I did a political contributions search and posted this info regarding Quiros' political donations in this thread months ago, but it was deleted by a mod who's name shall not be mentioned, who didn't like my pointing out the likely political collusion with the Vermont State Democratic party. Of which, I might add, I'm vindicated on this point too now.

It had nothing to do with that and everything to do with your lack of control in politicizing anything you can as Democrat vs Republican. Donations have also been made by the accused to Romney and Kasich in the past.

Both parties wreak of corruption, but this is not the forum for discussing that. AZ has long had a no politics rule, which for some reason you have a history of not grasping.

Plenty of other places on the internet to discuss politics. Go find them if it's that important to you.

gladerider

Hunter Mountain was worth way more than Jay Peak prior to millions of dollars of "free money" parachuted into JP. Frankly, I'm not even confident Jay Peak should be valued > Hunter Mountain even today, post millions of dollars of "free money" parachuted into it.

I did a political contributions search and posted this info regarding Quiros' political donations in this thread months ago, but it was deleted by a mod who's name shall not be mentioned, who didn't like my pointing out the likely political collusion with the Vermont State Democratic party. Of which, I might add, I'm vindicated on this point too now.
Even today?

You got me curious. Wonder what their ebitda is. I think hunter's was or around $6 mil at the time sale.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

yeggous

Jay is not far away and isolated. It is closer to a major city than Hunter is. It is an easy day trip from Montreal.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

Jay is not far away and isolated. It is closer to a major city than Hunter is. It is an easy day trip from Montreal.

Hunter is about 2 hours from NYC without speeding to Hunter.maybe Platty owner would buy Burke now

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

yeggous

Hunter is about 2 hours from NYC without speeding to Hunter.maybe Platty owner would buy Burke now

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Right. And Jay is less than two hours from downtown Montreal, assuming the border crossing is painless.

freeski

:confused:

It was a joke. However, it is possible that Quiros dies in prison even though he's only 58. I think Stenger will get a lighter, but still significant sentence. I hope there's a trial so the public can see what went on.

freeski

I'm thinking Q loses "everything" but no jail.
There is a reality TV star who recently spent a year on jail for lying on bank loan documents and hiding income in a bankruptcy. Compare that to the SEC complaint. I'm reading it and only on page 43, but the amount of times they deceived and misappropriated EB-5 money is staggering and includes misrepresenting facts to banks. I thought the margin accounts were for stocks, but it looks like T-bills. How do you loose money on T-bills? https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2016/comp-pr2016-69.pdf

steamboat1

It had nothing to do with that and everything to do with your lack of control in politicizing anything you can as Democrat vs Republican. Donations have also been made by the accused to Romney and Kasich in the past.

Both parties wreak of corruption, but this is not the forum for discussing that. AZ has long had a no politics rule, which for some reason you have a history of not grasping.

Plenty of other places on the internet to discuss politics. Go find them if it's that important to you.

So it's only OK for you to bring it up. The man didn't mention any names but you felt the need to respond.