• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Holy ticks!

frapcap

Wow man, that sucks for your friend. I hope he gets better. Thank you for the PSA.

BenedictGomez

In addition to DEET, try using a Permethrin spray on your clothes. That stuff actually kills ticks if they crawl onto treated clothing. There are several brands. I know they carry Repel branded Permethrin at Wal-Mart.

I spray all my outdoor hiking and hunting clothes and boots/shoes with permethrin, as deer ticks are no joke in Jersey.

But the crap's EXPENSIVE, so I simply buy 10% permethrin and mix my own solution, and bottled it lasts for roughly 7 years, so for the same price as one big bottle of Repel or Sawyers, I have basically an unlimited 7 year supply that I can wantonly spray all over tarnation - which I do. I spray it outside the house, on the window edges, all outdoor clothing, etc....

I also make a bottle each year diluted down to the pet safe concentrate and give it to my brother for his pooch.