• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Still Jonesin to Ski? Come to Snowbird.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Snowbird is open daily until Mother's Day, and then weekends (Friday-Sunday) thereafter until at least Memorial Day.

$50 tickets when you show your pass from another resort.

16" of new snow so far the last two days to bring us back up to a 102" base.

http://www.snowbird.com/springpass/

SIKSKIER

It finally snowed here TB.Here is Cannon this morning.It was almost allbare ground before.

Attachments

• latecannonsnow.jpg
    latecannonsnow.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 213
  • latecannonsnow2.jpg
    latecannonsnow2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 212

thetrailboss

Staff member
It finally snowed here TB.Here is Cannon this morning.It was almost allbare ground before.

It snowed because it was announced that it is no longer Q Burke, but just plain BURKE MOUNTAIN. Qarma is a bitch!

13119020_10153687116729423_377007571072387841_n.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
What percentage of terrain is still accessible?

Good question. As to lifts, it is Gadzoom, Wilbere, Little Cloud, Gad 2, and Mineral Basin. So I'd say more than 50% of their acreage. Even when they are down to Little Cloud and Mineral Basin it will still be a lot of skiing.

KustyTheKlown

gad chairs are enough for a good time at snowbird. hmmm. may have to fly back out to slc buddy's house in mid may.

BenedictGomez

gad chairs are enough for a good time at snowbird.

Sadly that's about all I could ski when I was there a few weeks ago, because the mountain from there and above was socked in like you wouldn't ever believe. Worst I've ever experienced, to the point you couldn't even see 3 to 5 feet in front of you in certain places.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sadly that's about all I could ski when I was there a few weeks ago, because the mountain from there and above was socked in like you wouldn't ever believe. Worst I've ever experienced, to the point you couldn't even see 3 to 5 feet in front of you in certain places.

Yeah the downside of this weather pattern this week has things pretty-well socked in. Hoping it clears.

snoseek

Mineral was not open on tuesday.

Either way the skiing was super good. Trees off the top of gad 2 were dreamy

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

wakenbacon

Holy fuck, it snows in Utah in late April??? Its so unfortunate there isn't a place for you to talk about that other than a northeast skiing and snowboarding forum. I also heard it snows in the Southern Hemisphere during our summer. Not sure if it's true, those locals don't usually come here to tell us all about it.

snoseek

^^^^

You seem like a real fun loving person. Dont open the thread, no harm done. You know sometimes people get on planes and go on vacations and stuff and sometimes on here we pass information around as its an open forum.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk