• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Best Vertical Vs Time Riding Lifts Ratios in North America

JimG.

Staff member
I agree that Gore has an abundance of steep, rocky and interesting lift line areas.

raisingarizona

These internet top ten lists are kind of dumb imo, especially this one. There are way too many variables in lift time vs. ski time to simplify the idea and compress it into a short list.

I think our culture or maybe it's just the human brain in general is way too obsessed with numbers and often equates big numbers with a quality experience and that's most often just not the truth. That being said I don't like sitting on a long slow chair all day long but what I dislike even more is being around lots of people and standing in lines.

RISkier

No Wildcat?

I've only skied Wildcat 1 time. Gorgeous weekday with great snow. I was cussing that lift by lunch. Was like a 6 minute lift ride, ski on, repeat. An old guy like me needs some time to rest. That was the lift that immediately came to my mind. The forerunner at Stowe will get you a lot of vertical too.