• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Man, it sure is quiet around here

SkiFanE

Eh....knew it would eventually delve in this direction. He did contribute a lot, but he also posted a lot of stuff that didn't really add anything whatsoever to the thread on hand. I did find it annoying that he seemed to feel compelled to post on every page in EVERY.SINGLE.THREAD.

Kind of like firing a machine gun at a target 100 yards away with a single trigger pull. A few posts hit the bullseye, some weren't that far off, and the others completely missed the target,

IMO, it was a wash at best.

i can't say I was here in the thick of it - maybe his second reprieve? Anyway, the only people he bugged seemed to be those that take life too seriously :p. You can only post on topic, only certain amount of posts per poster per day is kosher.... He made me laugh and certainly weren't any crickets around when he posted.

But honestly, some arguments and stuff around some bannings....I think "geez, leave the house and ether volunteer at a soup kitchen or mow your own lawn (or shovel your own snow) and send that $ to soup kitchen. The amount of man hours sucked away on some of these debates. Pot calling kettle back sometimes here, lol, but haven't been sucked into a net debate In a long time. (Chicken done, have to go lol)

snoseek

Isnt it usually real slow this time of year?

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

snoseek

I only post here and mostly lurk out of habit. My skiing back east has been fairly limited in the past decade. Someday maybe ill live there full time again

People have always argued and been bitches on here, myself included. Maybe social media cuts into forums a bit but there will always be people that prefer a more anonymous online presence.

Pretty much everyone ive encountered irl seems pretty cool.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

JimG.

Staff member
Not recruit per se, but at loosen up the vaguely defined guidelines on what's considered acceptable. SL was rough around the edges but I did enjoy some of his posts.

Perhaps.

Give an inch, they take a mile?

I admit I did not like that particular online persona whoever it was.

JimG.

Staff member
Conversations here are more like wildfires lately. I have other things to do. So do others I'll bet.

After a crappy snow year I have nothing to offer in the way of ski talk. Don't think I had a bad season, on the contrary it was spectacular at times. But I'm done for 15-16.

Discussing financial wrongdoing by ski areas against that backdrop is just too much negativity for me. I think that's why it is dead around here.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
T4T's Been slow as most East ski forums . Pretty much agree with what Jim said . Making plans for next years adventures, have to do some bush wacking locally just in case of another 30'' dump. I am learning a lot about New England ski area woes and I am adding bucket list areas that need the $ .

skiNEwhere

How many other northeast ski forums are there? Only other one that comes to mind is k zone. If you wanna reach a little you can include PASR as well.

steamboat1

How many other northeast ski forums are there? Only other one that comes to mind is k zone. If you wanna reach a little you can include PASR as well.
Snow Journal is NE. Pugski, TGR, Epic all have NE threads. Then there's MRV on this forum which is Sugarbush, the owner Win Smith often posts there.

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

Yea I post a little bit on pugski and TGR as well, all those sites you mentioned aren't NE specific though, that's what I thought SBSP was referring to.

Didn't know snow journal was NE specific.

If we're talking about all the ski forums there's also newschoolers and mogul skiing.net. Think there's a couple others but that's all I can come up with.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Yea I post a little bit on pugski and TGR as well, all those sites you mentioned aren't NE specific though, that's what I thought SBSP was referring to.

Yes ,Point taken ..Should have been more specific . T4T is pretty is Northeast one area dedicated as K zone . Epic has a thread for Northeast , Mid Atlantic. AZ draws more traffic by far , always curious about at the number of people viewing listed on the homepage .

ctenidae

I haven't actually gone skiing in 3-4 years, sadly, so I only lurk-and-post here.
The Steeze was fun to have around, but then, I never paid attention to posts I didn't care about. That's a rule I apply universally.

Where's Marc? He was the best poster.

Domeskier

Not enough Sundown threads on here these days. Maybe if they changed their name to Q-Sundown....

ironhippy

people are generally leaving discussion forums for things like facebook groups and stuff like that.

There's a lot less discussion forums in general now than 10 years ago, I met a number of people locally on discussion forums (biking, adventure races, etc.) all those forums those have all migrated to facebook in some shape.