• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Season Pass Plans

thetrailboss

Staff member
2015-2016 is in the books. Again, a lackluster season for many, but I imagine that there will be pent up demand and that pass sales will not take a huge hit. A lot of places have already been running the early deals, but some will wait.

What are your plans? Season Pass? Frequent skier card that allows flexibility? Anyone NOT getting a pass after last season? 10-pack of ski tickets?

For me I am planning on repeating the Alta/Snowbird pass, assuming that the price is not outrageously higher. I was able to get 42 days on that pass alone. I am also hoping to get a 10-pack for Burke to a visit or two this season.

You?

frapcap

Damn- 42 days? Congrats!

I'll be rocking the Peak Pass for daily driving, supplemented with a 3 day Ski Vermont pass for special trips/blizzards we don't get in NH, and a trip to the AZ summit.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Damn- 42 days? Congrats!

I'll be rocking the Peak Pass for daily driving, supplemented with a 3 day Ski Vermont pass for special trips/blizzards we don't get in NH, and a trip to the AZ summit.

Thanks. Sounds like a solid plan for you. Will you be doing Mount Snow most often?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Damn- 42 days? Congrats!

This is my plan verbatim.

steamboat1

Same plan I've used for quite a number of years already. Purchased another midweek K pass back in mid April even though early season pricing lasts until June 10th I believe. What the heck the money isn't earning interest in the bank. I'll purchase another 3 pack of VT. Passes for my daughter & myself again. She only used 2 this year so I got to use 4. I'll take advantage of ski club appreciation days at various resorts in the northeast again although I mostly skied Stowe on their days. If Sugarbush offers $30 Thursdays at Mt. Ellen again next season I'll ski a few days there. They've been doing it for a number of years so I can't see them discontinuing it now. That's about it although I'm always ready to take advantage of any other deals that may come along that I could use. I've still yet to pay $50 for a day of skiing in the northeast. Got my season pass down to about $15 a day this season.

machski

Gold New England's for us, most weekends at SR but with our new house, I can see quite a few Loon midweeks now for me. Still debating Max add on or just wait and do a Beast spring pass.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sounds like solid plans. Sounds like folks are holding firm and not reconsidering getting a season pass or multiday ticket item in light of last season....but a lot of us have vested interests in skiing/riding at our resorts (second homes, primary homes, etc).

cdskier

Already purchased my Sugarbush pass at the early season rates which were only valid until early May.

drjeff

Already have 8 days on my Peak Explorer pass since I bought it mid March - past the break even point already! :)

JimG.

Staff member
Just received 16-17 NYS 3 in 1 passes in the mail. For my 14 YO and myself.

And we both got 16-17 PEAK Explorer passes as well. I used mine my last day at Hunter.

gmcunni

Peak pass -
  • christmas week + day/weekend trips to mt Snow for most of my days.
  • long weekend trip to Wildcat - never been before so that ticks a box for my season goals too
  • hunter at least 2 day

i'll "invest" my $15 for family membership in CT Ski club and use that for an occasional diversion. Hopefully Magic sorts out their shit and i visit there.

shwilly

Boyne gold passes for the family, and throw in a condo for good measure.

We'll probably get a Sugarbush 4x thing with friends like we have the last few years. Anything else will be a la carte.

It wasn't a difficult choice. We had so much fun "even in" this past season that it was an easy call.

tree_skier

Well i plan to ski for free at Snow and where ever the race schedule takes me. To be honest i am working for the ski free part but the whole family skis for free.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
For me I am planning on repeating the Alta/Snowbird pass, assuming that the price is not outrageously higher. I was able to get 42 days on that pass alone. I am also hoping to get a 10-pack for Burke to a visit or two this season.

You?

Isn't it like $1,000? Considering what you get that's still an amazing deal. I'm dreaming of the day I can pull a "trailboss" and become a East coast-to-Utah convert.

dlague

Epic Local Passes for our son , my wife and I which will get us - Unlimited, unrestricted skiing or riding at Breckenridge, Keystone, and Arapahoe Basin and also includes a total of 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek with holiday restrictions.

additional opportunity with hope to ski some thing in Utah or Northern California at the following: unlimited Wilmot, Afton Alps, and Mt. Brighton with limited at Park City, Heavenly, Northstar & Kirkwood.

We also plan on getting The Gem Card for $20 each to get 2 fers at Loveland, Monarch, Eldora, Cooper, Sunlight, Powderhorn, includes A Basin which we can use for visitors and Granby Ranch which more than likely will not get used.

Still considering some sort of VT/NH option for a trip back next winter. If we go back more than likely during the holiday period between Xmas and New Years and everything is blacked out so .......

jaytrem

Already have 8 days on my Peak Explorer pass since I bought it mid March - past the break even point already! :)

Those only count!!! Unless of course deduct those days from your 15-16 pass. :)

With all the discounts out there I've always wondered if buying a pass every other year would work out. Guess it depends on planning and number of days. Along with willingness/desire to ski other places.

I picked up the Explorer now that my girls are skiing. Was going to buy it anyway, but the low price was a nice surprise. I already got about 8 or 9 days on it, including a Big Boulder. I'll miss the free agent days a bit, but the Mount Snow pass makes a lot more sense with the kids.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Isn't it like $1,000? Considering what you get that's still an amazing deal. I'm dreaming of the day I can pull a "trailboss" and become a East coast-to-Utah convert.

The Alta/Snowbird pass, with 3 free days at Deer Valley, was $1,300 last season. Yeah, I skied 42 days of my 45 days on that pass.

And the move has been very good for multiple reasons. Just do it.