Fishing 2016 - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 128

Thread: Fishing 2016

  1. #91
    Nothing doing for an hour tonight, and than right at dusk some big ones decided to eat. Too warm today until the sun set. A rare fish worthy of a pic. But fishing solo today the pic is not good.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #92
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Nothing doing for an hour tonight, and than right at dusk some big ones decided to eat. Too warm today until the sun set. A rare fish worthy of a pic. But fishing solo today the pic is not good.
    Yeah, selfies holding fish are surprisingly difficult to take.

    Damned hot here too. Not surprised the evening/night fishing was good.

    We're heading out tomorrow afternoon.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Yeah, selfies holding fish are surprisingly difficult to take.

    Damned hot here too. Not surprised the evening/night fishing was good.

    We're heading out tomorrow afternoon.
    Have fun tomorrow. It's supposed to be near 90 here tomorrow afternoon, which wont be good. I'm heading to the Cape for the weekend and hope to get in a bit of striper fishing after work if time permits.

  4. #94
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,972
    Took the dog for a run around the nature preserve behind our house last night and saw a guy with a $600+ G Loomis/Shimano setup throwing a 12" swimbait in the 3-4 acre farm pond. I initially thought it was just a shallow beaver pond pond maybe not lol
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

  5. #95
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Have fun tomorrow. It's supposed to be near 90 here tomorrow afternoon, which wont be good. I'm heading to the Cape for the weekend and hope to get in a bit of striper fishing after work if time permits.
    We will hang out and drink in the shade until the sun starts to set and then fish seriously between 6-10pm.

    The shade is also the best place to fish until then. The stable flies are going to be obnoxious.

  6. #96
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Took the dog for a run around the nature preserve behind our house last night and saw a guy with a $600+ G Loomis/Shimano setup throwing a 12" swimbait in the 3-4 acre farm pond. I initially thought it was just a shallow beaver pond pond maybe not lol
    Sylvan Lake right down road from me has about 5 acres of surface area and looks small. But it's 120' deep in one spot. Excellent Laker fishery.

    There are a few other lakes in this area that are similar, Lake Gleneida and Lake Gilead are two of them where I used to live in Carmel.

    Glacial Boreholes.

  7. #97
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,513
    Humans don't seem to care for high humidity, but fish seem to love it so who cares? Yesterday we got to our southern res at about 4pm and it was hot and humid. The only saving grace was for the first time that I can remember this season we had good cloud cover. The sun peeked out for only about 10 minutes but that was hell on earth.

    The clouds seemed to make a big difference as today was more a catching day than a fishing day. We pushed off and were immediately rewarded with a double header after our first casts. That set the tone for the day and we caught lots of fish. Nothing huge or pic worthy, the biggest fish were 2-2 1/2 pounds but the sheer number and total biomass landed was impressive.

    Still looking for that late summer/early fall lunker bass. I know it is out there waiting for me.

  8. #98
    This came across my FB feed today. Pretty amazing the Fluke survived such a bite. Guy who caught it through him back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #99
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    This came across my FB feed today. Pretty amazing the Fluke survived such a bite. Guy who caught it through him back.
    That is pretty amazing. The fish deserved to be released.

  10. #100
    My brother in law caught this bad boy today on Moore Reservoir in Northern NH.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.