Fishing 2016 - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing 2016

Got it buttoned up just before sailing time. An all nighter.

Finally got to go fly fishing on South Platte in Deckers, CO. Very relaxing and we are hooked (hahaha)!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Glad you enjoyed a great way to spend a day outdoors especially out West.

It's been damned hot lately; fishing becomes hit or miss this time of the season, sometimes good and sometimes really slow. Today seemed like it might be OK fishing and frankly the weekend forecast for rain made it the best time to get out.

As the bigger fish hunker down in the depths the small fish become bold so we wind up catching a lot of small bass. Some are barely bigger than the lures we use to catch them. True pigs!

Anyway, if you keep your lure in the water there is always the chance that one of those fish turns out to be a nice one. So, after catching about a dozen small bass you can imagine I was quite pleased to land this 5 pound largemouth:

Fishing picked up after I landed this one and we caught a few decent smallmouths each after the sun set.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice haul of sea bass in Buzzards Bay today. Reports of many stripers in the canal, but they have eluded me. First light fishing in the morning has been hot. But not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Nice haul of sea bass in Buzzards Bay today. Reports of many stripers in the canal, but they have eluded me. First light fishing in the morning has been hot. But not for me.
    Sea bass=good eating.

First light fishing essential for good striper action in my experiences out on the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Sea bass=good eating.

First light fishing essential for good striper action in my experiences out on the sound.
    Yes, the sea bass dinner last night was great. And tonight's lobsters from my neighbors traps that we hauled yesterday were also delicious. Wish I could always eat this good.

Yeah I never eat enough lobster.

I tend to eat lobster too much this time year. Well, the lobster isn't the issue, the butter is. But at $4.99/# this time of year it's cheap eating

Thread Information