Fishing 2016 - Page 13

AlpineZone

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Fishing 2016

Big bass are staying deeper now and you need to use his technique or similar to entice them.

We finally bought a portable fish finder and used it this past Sunday with some success later in the day, near weed beds with deep water access. It is really necessary to fish a vertical water column properly. In some spots near shore was 4-8' deep but 15 yards offshore it dropped off to 100'. Good for spotting lake trout too.

I'm pretty pumped about using it.

For any of you Westchester / Fairfield County folks (that fish saltwater), it's on fire right now with loads of bait getting hammered with blues and the occasional bass. Should be pretty good until Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    For any of you Westchester / Fairfield County folks (that fish saltwater), it's on fire right now with loads of bait getting hammered with blues and the occasional bass. Should be pretty good until Thanksgiving.
    My buddy Steve fishes in the sound at his place in CT and he has been catching nice blues right off the small jetty at his beach. Quite a few 15 lbs. stripers too.

Today was good. Gorgeous afternoon. Studied up on using the fish finder. Learning how to interpret the display. Bass were holding in 6-10 feet of water. I usually use plastic worms but today I stuck to deep diving crawdad imitations; finally put on a crawdad color Bomber plug good for fishing at 7-10 feet with rattles inside the body. Caught 6 nice smallmouths all about like this one:

Wish I had this fish finder earlier in the season.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    Same thing along the western beaches of LI with a few albacore in the mix too. The ocean is loaded with bait, so are the creeks & bays for that matter.

Turns out October 8 was my last day of fishing. Got busy with ski gear and other prep for the ski season and just never got back to the water.

It was a great season, glad to share my year here with you all.

Looking forward to Fishing 2017.

Never got to do any fall fishing really. The DEC shut down the Esopus creek where I usually go. Water was was flowing at 60CMS, where its typically at 400-600CMS.

104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Thread Information