• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most talked about ski area

4aprice

Not only drama, but also generally Killington, Cannon, Burke and Jay Peak and Sugarbush are the ones that get talked about simply because it's "cool" to do so on this forum. Don't believe me? Just start posting about Loon or Waterville Valley--the thread will immediately get hijacked about how much they suck! :lol:

I don't know about the coolness factor, Killington, Sugarbush and Cannon have lots of fans and deservedly so, they all are a ton of fun. That said I totally agree with your second comment. I like Waterville, had a great day there 2 seasons ago, but I am and always have been a huge fan of Loon. Yes, I know its Boston's darling and it can get busy but I have always thought of it as well run, picturesque, and always enjoyed the skiing there even if its not as difficult as some others. (like Lincoln too) The wife likes it too (a big +). Looking forward to using at least 4 of my Max pass vouchers there this up coming season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

steamboat1

Not only drama, but also generally Killington, Cannon, Burke and Jay Peak and Sugarbush are the ones that get talked about simply because it's "cool" to do so on this forum. Don't believe me? Just start posting about Loon or Waterville Valley--the thread will immediately get hijacked about how much they suck! :lol:
What do you mean?

Killington sucks, don't go there.

jack97

I don't know about the coolness factor, Killington, Sugarbush and Cannon have lots of fans and deservedly so, they all are a ton of fun.

IMO, this place does have a coolness bias and you can see it a mile away. However there are plenty of resorts that are open and they remain open because they have a steady customer base.

btw... Killington sucks, especially in the spring. .