• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Spruce Triple - Sunday River, ME

Jully

Reuse the chairs themselves? They were in fine shape. Maybe some of the sheaves or bullwheels? Even the drive itself even if the terminal was taken down. Wasnt that drive recently retrofitted or even new?

machski

Reuse the chairs themselves? They were in fine shape. Maybe some of the sheaves or bullwheels? Even the drive itself even if the terminal was taken down. Wasnt that drive recently retrofitted or even new?
I think the drive had been overhauled in the not too distant past. The chairs will not be reused, they dropped those and let them tumble when they dropped the rope. In fact, at least one chair was still on the hill this winter, just above where the line crosses upper risky. My bet is entirely new (aside from the loading carpet). I assume the physical counterweight pit will be filled in and the frame box taken down as that is still standing.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app