• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Las Leñas

skiNEwhere

Anyone been? Looks like my work may be taking me to Buenos Aires late next month. I haven't taken much vacation this year so I'm going to try and incorporate that into the trip.

I'm in the early stages of planning, the biggest thing I'm having trouble with is locking on a reputable guide. Everything I've seen so far has been for a week or so and in the thousands. My Spanish is pretty poor but I'm working on re-learning the bare minimum to get by if need be, but finding a local to show me around could prove difficult with the language barrier. From what I've seen LL has some pretty gnarly spots you can get cliffed out on.

Hoping that a big storm comes through right before I get there, as I've heard that since there are no trees whatsoever, when a big storm comes through, the whole mountain shuts down. Fingers crossed that Marte stays open.

Some random STOKE

jimk

I love all the yelling and screaming. You don't hear that from American pros, they are too cool:) I sent you a PM, let me if didn't go through.

catskillman

You do not need a guide, just hire a ski instructor. or get a patroller on his day off. You will find someone just by asking around. The altitude is insame, so do not plan on too much day one. We had a group guide one year so you can maybe get on one of these.

You really should fly there, the road is a nightmare and takes forever. Las Lenas ( or at least the last time I went) runs its one flights there. Then from the airport it is a hour + bus ride to the resort on mostly dirt roads.

The food is excellant. Nice place.