• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

Smellytele

From Attitash:

3 PACK ANYTIME LIFT TICKETS AT SUMMER PRICING!
Offer Ends September 9th, 2016

Summer's been fun but we live for the cold. The leaves will soon change, the kiddos are going back to school and our eyes will be glued to the thermometer as snowmaking season will soon be upon us. We'll say goodbye to summer with our "Back to Ski Sale."

ATTITASH & WILDCAT, NEW HAMPSHIRE

3 TICKETS FOR $149

3 days of skiing at two of the East's most scenic resorts located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, just 3 hours from Boston

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
where can you purchase these? don't see them online

Jully

I think they had a 3 pack sale similar to this. Mount Snow then had one at like $169 or something.

Seems to be a decent deal.

steamboat1

From Attitash:

3 PACK ANYTIME LIFT TICKETS AT SUMMER PRICING!
Offer Ends September 9th, 2016

Summer's been fun but we live for the cold. The leaves will soon change, the kiddos are going back to school and our eyes will be glued to the thermometer as snowmaking season will soon be upon us. We'll say goodbye to summer with our "Back to Ski Sale."

ATTITASH & WILDCAT, NEW HAMPSHIRE

3 TICKETS FOR $149

3 days of skiing at two of the East's most scenic resorts located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, just 3 hours from Boston

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

where can you purchase these? don't see them online

Seems like a good deal... Can't remember if they offered anything any cheaper last year.

I think they had a 3 pack sale similar to this. Mount Snow then had one at like $169 or something.

Seems to be a decent deal.
It's advertised on the header of this page.
In case you don't see it here's the link: http://www.peakresorts.com/back-to-...derboard_Forum&utm_campaign=BackToSkiSale2016

catherine

Last few years they had a deal where you could buy mid week tix for $35. Transferable

Jully

The lack of a vertical value card this year makes finding deals for AttiCat a much higher priority if you're not a passholder.

catherine

If memory serves, the last few years the deadline to purchase is sometime in Sept.

MEtoVTSkier

The lack of a vertical value card this year makes finding deals for AttiCat a much higher priority if you're not a passholder.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to spring for a Peaks "Traveler" mid-week pass, for $499. Wish I'd of had the money at the time to grab one in the spring for $299, that was a great deal. Just have to get 15 days use out of it to get it down under $35 per day...

Along with my Express Card for Kmart...

Jcb890

I don't know if anyone mentioned this one yet.

Vermont Travel Club Card
$69 @ Stowe
$51 @ Jay Peak
$45 @ Bolton Valley
$44 @ Burke
$50 off @ Mount Snow
$33-$40 off @ Sugarbush

Other places have $15 or $10 off.

Card is $49.

https://www.vermonttravelclub.com/

Aren't joining the Ski Clubs a better deal than this? I guess with this though, the discounts are valid any day while the Ski Clubs are not every day?

Not trying to discourage, I'm genuinely curious... still trying to figure out the cheapest way to get our fix! :)

bdfreetuna

Aren't joining the Ski Clubs a better deal than this? I guess with this though, the discounts are valid any day while the Ski Clubs are not every day?

Not trying to discourage, I'm genuinely curious... still trying to figure out the cheapest way to get our fix! :)

Point me towards a ski club that has more/better deals in Vermont, I'd like to know. One of the nice things about cards is not having to order tickets in advance from the club. A lot more convenient and less planning involved. Typically lower price than ski club membership dues as well.

I'll probably renew my Mountain Sports Club membership, as it's cheap and helps me fill in the gaps my other ski season savings strategies leave wanting. On the fence with the Vermont Travel Club Card.

For comparison I think the VT Travel Club Card offers a lot better savings than the Ride and Ski Card especially if VT is your primary destination.

steamboat1

Depends on which ski club discounts you're talking about. Discounted ski club appreciation days are only offered on specific days at various resorts during the season. On the other hand prepurchased discounted bulk lift tickets are good any day. There are no blackouts for holidays or weekends.

Some ski clubs charge as little as $30 to be a member.