• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

KustyTheKlown

So mychamplainvalley sent me an email advertising county fair tix and I wrote back to ask about the ski card and if jay is on it. The answer is they are ironing out the details right now, the card will be sold, and they hope to have jay back on it this season

Tin

So mychamplainvalley sent me an email advertising county fair tix and I wrote back to ask about the ski card and if jay is on it. The answer is they are ironing out the details right now, the card will be sold, and they hope to have jay back on it this season

I have a feeling Jay Peak tix will be easy to come by this year if not.

dlague

Killington BOGO until 12/16/16

Must buy 24 hours in advance. killington.com/skimag/

One thing that is odd this year - Killington has not done their normal 2 Fer deal if signing up for the newsletter.

Seems like other deals are non existent or are slow to come across the board.

Jully

That's still too much per ticket to be much of a deal, in my opinion.

It has been said before, but if you intend to ski on a blackout weekend at a major VT resort (which not many of us looking for deals are going to do anyways), then beating a $60 price point is going to be pretty hard. These are transferable too.

Compared to other deals out there though ignoring the no blackout part, its not a deal at all compared to almost anything else.

dlague

Get your Killington BOGO vouchers sent to your email. 1 per person.

http://www.killington.com/site/2for1/2for1-ski-16-17

There it is!!!!!

Well it is about time! I mentioned this last week in this thread actually two posts earlier and how unusual it is for them not to have this promotion which in the past happened in August and then again later in the fall. God way to get people to sign up for their newsletter. Seems weird to not do it this year.

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Mountain Sports Club has a labor day sale use pro-code "labor16" to get a Premium Membership for $19.95.

I am personally renewing my membership now and choosing the $65 upgrade that includes 2 Berkshire East passes.

You can also pick a $35 membership including 1 B-East lift ticket or $90 to get 3 of them.

(same ticket offer applies for Shawnee in PA)

Last edited:

dlague

That's still too much per ticket to be much of a deal, in my opinion.

I know that it is Vermont and all but it is bit pricey - then again it is locatio location location being in Southern VT. However compared to the following!

However, Keystone/A Basin combo in another state is doing 4 packs for $199 only $10 more than Stratton wants for three. However there are black out dates and they are non transferable - still!

Others"

Loveland 4 pack transferable no black outs $139 or $129 at a ski show.
Copper Mountain non transferable no black outs 4 Pack $169
A Basin 4 Pack transferable no black outs $179 or $159 on liftopia but non transferble
Steamboat/Winter Park 4 pack no black outs $199
Winter Park 4 pack no black outs $179

In Vermont:

Sugarbush $229 4 pack transferable and no black out
Mount Snow $99 Sunday afternoon Family/Friends 4 pack non holiday (That is pretty sweet)

I think the New England 4 pack deals come around the ski show - did not find many!

dlague

If you are considering a trip out west the Gems Card provides two 2-for-1 lift tickets or two 30% off lift tickets - at eight ski areas (Arapahoe Basin, Cooper, Eldora, Loveland, Monarch Mountain, Powderhorn, Ski Granby Ranch, and Sunlight) Definitely worth it for Loveland and A Basin alone. Does not appear to be a limit on the number of cards. We used it last year to ski Cooper A basin and Loveland while on vacation and plan to get it again.

$25 per card

http://www.coloradoski.com/shop/shop/gems-card/?_ga=1.174580066.13261550.1471283432

Los

I know that it is Vermont and all but it is bit pricey - then again it is locatio location location being in Southern VT. However compared to the following!

However, Keystone/A Basin combo in another state is doing 4 packs for $199 only $10 more than Stratton wants for three. However there are black out dates and they are non transferable - still!

Others"

Loveland 4 pack transferable no black outs $139 or $129 at a ski show.
Copper Mountain non transferable no black outs 4 Pack $169
A Basin 4 Pack transferable no black outs $179 or $159 on liftopia but non transferble
Steamboat/Winter Park 4 pack no black outs $199
Winter Park 4 pack no black outs $179

In Vermont:

Sugarbush $229 4 pack transferable and no black out
Mount Snow $99 Sunday afternoon Family/Friends 4 pack non holiday (That is pretty sweet)

I think the New England 4 pack deals come around the ski show - did not find many!

Exactly, these deals show how obnoxious the Stratton 3 pack deal is.

But whatever. Stratton and Stowe are obviously elitist and only want a certain clientele skiing their slopes. Screw them and their 1%er patrons.

Dlague - be sure to ski monarch this season if you haven't already!! That awesome place is the anti-Stratton in the absolute best sense possible.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone