• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

dlague

Exactly, these deals show how obnoxious the Stratton 3 pack deal is.

But whatever. Stratton and Stowe are obviously elitist and only want a certain clientele skiing their slopes. Screw them and their 1%er patrons.

Dlague - be sure to ski monarch this season if you haven't already!! That awesome place is the anti-Stratton in the absolute best sense possible.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I plan on it using the Gems Card. Lots of my co workers have season passes at Monarch. They do not like the summit County madness.

bdfreetuna

Exactly, these deals show how obnoxious the Stratton 3 pack deal is.

But whatever. Stratton and Stowe are obviously elitist and only want a certain clientele skiing their slopes. Screw them and their 1%er patrons.

Less complaining, more getting Vermont-5 and Vermont-3 passes. You can ski Stowe and Stratton for $40 twice each if you get both the 5 and the 3.

Also Bolton Valley wins the 4-pack challenge. $100 at the ski show 2 years ago. Last year I think it was a few bucks more but they ended up never charging us (which I didn't object to especially as we ended up burning the passes with the crappy season we had!)

dlague

Less complaining, more getting Vermont-5 and Vermont-3 passes. You can ski Stowe and Stratton for $40 twice each if you get both the 5 and the 3.

Also Bolton Valley wins the 4-pack challenge. $100 at the ski show 2 years ago. Last year I think it was a few bucks more but they ended up never charging us (which I didn't object to especially as we ended up burning the passes with the crappy season we had!)

Vermont Ski 5 and 3 are truly the way to go in Vermont!

Los

$299 ragged season passes are still available. What a deal!

Warren Miller's "Here There & Everywhere" pre-sale at Bushnell in Hartford. November 5th. $18.50 plus $4 per tix fee.

FREE SWAG AND OFFERS FOR TICKET HOLDERS
Ticket Holder will receive coupon at show

• FREE LIFT TICKET TO SUGARBUSH
  • FREE LIFT TICKET TO GORE MOUNTAIN
  • FREE LIFT TICKET TO SMUGGLERS’ NOTCH
  • 2-FOR-1 LIFT TICKET TO KILLINGTON RESORT
  • FREE FLEX PASS TO GUNSTOCK MOUNTAIN
  • FREE EARLY- OR LATE-SEASON LIFT TICKET TO STEAMBOAT
  • MORE RESORT & RETAIL OFFERS MAY BE ADDED
To purchase tickets to Warren Miller's Here, There & Everywhere before they go on sale to the public, use pre-sale password presale2016 starting Thursday, September 8 at 9 a.m. through Sunday, September 11 at 11:59 p.m.

My wife doesn't really ski anymore but always enjoys coming along with me to the ski shows/movies so I double up on almost everything ski show or movie related. It's a pretty inexpensive way to build my ticket supply each year while "skiing on the cheap"!!

Jully

My wife doesn't really ski anymore but always enjoys coming along with me to the ski shows/movies so I double up on almost everything ski show or movie related. It's a pretty inexpensive way to build my ticket supply each year while "skiing on the cheap"!!

The vouchers are fully transferable?

BenedictGomez

The vouchers have some fine print attached

The Gore is no holidays

Gore is also really a BOGO unless folks have a desire to do some early December skiing up there.

As a future, "note to self", I'm open to BOGO trades for any of the New England hoards on here who will most likely not be using that Gore voucher.

BenedictGomez

Oct. 1 @ 12:00am.

Cool; thanks.

And if you don't stay up late you *will* miss out on 5-passes and maybe be able to get a 3 pass in the morning.

I accumulate so many cheap deals etc... that I'm actually more interested in the 3-pass than the 5-pass, as $40/day is typically somewhat "expensive" for me. Really doing it for Stowe & a Jay Peak Saturday.

steamboat1

Cool; thanks.

I accumulate so many cheap deals etc... that I'm actually more interested in the 3-pass than the 5-pass, as $40/day is typically somewhat "expensive" for me. Really doing it for Stowe & a Jay Peak Saturday.
You still have to jump on them right away or you'll be shut out. I think everything was sold out before noon last year. Also I was surprised the 5 pass sold out before the 3 last year, previous years the 3 pass typically sold out first.

Jcb890

You still have to jump on them right away or you'll be shut out. I think everything was sold out before noon last year. Also I was surprised the 5 pass sold out before the 3 last year, previous years the 3 pass typically sold out first.

I bought mine late that night when they went on sale. I believe I checked back the following morning at 9am and all of the VT Ski 3 Passes were gone but there were still VT Ski 5 Passes available. My wife and I wound up using 2/3 last year due to conditions and how the riding days fell. One of them was used at Stowe, which makes it worth it by itself almost. Stowe was really nice, but their prices are absurd.

steamboat1

One of them was used at Stowe, which makes it worth it by itself almost. Stowe was really nice, but their prices are absurd.
I think their online ticket at $89 is very competitively priced not that I would pay that. Their By-Pass is a decent deal too. Only time I ski Stowe is either with a VT. pass or on a ski club appreciation day both about $40 & change.

Jcb890

I think their online ticket at $89 is very competitively priced not that I would pay that. Their By-Pass is a decent deal too. Only time I ski Stowe is either with a VT. pass or on a ski club appreciation day both about $40 & change.

Yeah, that's what we did last year. Probably join a ski club again this season and try and make it to 1 or 2 of their appreciation days also.

steamboat1

Yeah, that's what we did last year. Probably join a ski club again this season and try and make it to 1 or 2 of their appreciation days also.
Don't know if you saw it but Stowe already announced their ski club appreciation days for 16-17. I posted them earlier in this thread, here they are again http://www.stowe.com/groups/council/. Jan. & Feb. dates are Wed.-Fri., all the others are Fri.-Sun.