• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

Jcb890

Don't know if you saw it but Stowe already announced their ski club appreciation days for 16-17. I posted them earlier in this thread, here they are again http://www.stowe.com/groups/council/. Jan. & Feb. dates are Wed.-Fri., all the others are Fri.-Sun.

Yes I did see, much appreciated. Getting days off during the week can be tough for us, so we'd most likely be shooting for the weekend dates to go. Generally we stay local during the week (Wachusett is open nights which is great) and then do day trips up North on the weekends.

steamboat1

Yes I did see, much appreciated. Getting days off during the week can be tough for us, so we'd most likely be shooting for the weekend dates to go. Generally we stay local during the week (Wachusett is open nights which is great) and then do day trips up North on the weekends.
Local lodging also offers discounts on those days.

KustyTheKlown

I'm confused - is the vt3 and vt5 the beginners and 5th graders deal or are we talking about something totally different?

bdfreetuna

there's no link yet afaik, usually the link becomes available just as the sale starts. Or slightly before. Best to check back here the day before and see who's posted it. I'm sure we'll all know where to go by the stroke of midnight on Oct 1.

Jully

Ski and ride NE cards on sale now with the free undisclosed no blackouts lift ticket

I saw that. Last year the $49.99 ticket was for Waterville and maybe somewhere else? Can't recall. Later on there was a $39.99 'medium' mountain option that was for Shawnee Peak in ME or Bolton Valley in VT. Unclear if this is the same deal or if they've combined it into one $49.99 option.

Either way I still think it is not a bad deal.

Jully

there's no link yet afaik, usually the link becomes available just as the sale starts. Or slightly before. Best to check back here the day before and see who's posted it. I'm sure we'll all know where to go by the stroke of midnight on Oct 1.

I believe you can find last year's website if you google it. The link is usually pretty hidden unless you get an email.

KustyTheKlown

I saw that. Last year the $49.99 ticket was for Waterville and maybe somewhere else? Can't recall. Later on there was a $39.99 'medium' mountain option that was for Shawnee Peak in ME or Bolton Valley in VT. Unclear if this is the same deal or if they've combined it into one $49.99 option.

Pretty sure jay was offered for $49 last year too. I got plattekill for $39 and never got to use it :(

Hoping for jay this year

KustyTheKlown

Pretty sure jay was offered for $49 last year too. I got plattekill for $39 and never got to use it :(

Hoping for jay this year

bdfreetuna

I believe you can find last year's website if you google it. The link is usually pretty hidden unless you get an email.

I believe it was skivermont.com/3and5/ which if you go to now just redirects you to Liftopia ticket search portal.

bdfreetuna

Post it anyway

3 passes = 3 tickets to anywhere in Vermont (must not go to the same place twice) for $120
5 passes = $200, same thing

Max purchase of 1 3 pass and 1 5 pass per person (and they do enforce this even if you try to get around it)