• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

Jcb890

What do the 3 and 5 passes entail? I've never bought one

Last year it was just a small set of tickets attached to each other with a checklist at the top where the mountain would check off where you used the pass. You can only use 1 per mountain (in VT obviously) and it is restricted to the person's name on the ticket(s). When you use the ticket, they take it, scan it, you usually have to sign something, then they check off that you used the pass there and you're all set.

Post it anyway

3 passes = 3 tickets to anywhere in Vermont (must not go to the same place twice) for $120
5 passes = $200, same thing

Max purchase of 1 3 pass and 1 5 pass per person (and they do enforce this even if you try to get around it)

Here's the link I have bookmarked from last year:
http://skivermont.ltibooking.com/#all

BenedictGomez

Be sure to claim your $5 Liftopia gift code on their email password reset email. It's easy to miss at the bottom if you're not paying attention.

Too quick a turnaround to determine where/when I'm going to ski to save $5.

Pre-bought a few of these smaller mountain, local tickets from Liftopia last year to take advantage of some gift codes and never used the tix due to conditions. Therefore, I'm trying to be more patient this year.

BenedictGomez

Code does expire Friday sadly...

I took that to mean that you needed to upload it to your account by Friday.

You're saying it means you need to upload it to your account AND buy a ticket by Friday? That's a "thanks for nothing" gift if so.

Los

You're saying it means you need to upload it to your account AND buy a ticket by Friday? That's a "thanks for nothing" gift if so.

That's how I took it. So I used the $50 gift card I just purchased for $40 plus the $5 to buy Ragged lift tix. There weren't alot of choices for New England. Happy to go to Ragged, just saying there weren't alot of choices at this point. It's only $5, but still, I wanted to use it.

Los

Too quick a turnaround to determine where/when I'm going to ski to save $5.

Pre-bought a few of these smaller mountain, local tickets from Liftopia last year to take advantage of some gift codes and never used the tix due to conditions. Therefore, I'm trying to be more patient this year.

That's probably wise. But damn Liftopia dangled $5 in my face and I took the bait.

Hey you're talking to "el cheapo" when it comes to paying for lift tix so I hear you. I did look on Liftopia, but felt it was better to just wait for now as I burned too many last season. I know the conditions last year were an exception (hopefully), but already have some ideas and plans to save $$ such as ski club awareness days, WM movie, ski shows and hopefully a trade or two w fellow AZ'ers.

My cheap skiing radar is always on high alert...LOL....

Jully

Hmm, I hadn't thought about it that way. I just uploaded it to my account to be safe, but in the past their deals have expired really quickly like that.

yeggous

Bretton Woods early season tickets on sale now. $20 each valid through December 16. Offer online now through noon October 3. Now sure if they plan to have the same offer at the ski show again. That's a $1 price increase from last year, but this year they're donating $1 of that to the local food pantry so we'll call it a wash.

http://brettonwoods.com/specials/specials/offers

Smellytele

Bretton Woods early season tickets on sale now. $20 each valid through December 16. Offer online now through noon October 3. Now sure if they plan to have the same offer at the ski show again. That's a $1 price increase from last year, but this year they're donating $1 of that to the local food pantry so we'll call it a wash.

http://brettonwoods.com/specials/specials/offers

With the donation they probably won't do the "donate cans of food - ski for free day"