• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Kind of Flashlight Do You Use?

Treeline_chaser

Was a surefire guy for a decade until I noticed they are falling behind in the lumen race as well as the feature and function race compared to Fenix and Nitecore.

Dollar for Dollar those are far better value IMO. Got several Fenixes and my first one (PD-22) is still going strong after 7 years of abuse

Nick_arnesen

Streamlight protac4 large but super bright then a smaller Coleman head lamp for those midnight snacks

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have a nice streamlight camping light. I bought it for the hurricane actually.

I also have a few smaller Nitecore (?) maybe flashlights. Or some $30 amazon flashlight. It's incredible how bright they are nowadays compared to when I was a kid and we had the huge D-cell maglights.

Matt Miller

I agree. One can even find many cheap options as well and they work just fine. I bought a LED Headlamp light online under $15 dollar and i must say it does its job

BodeMiller1

I use a $4 AA from Dollar General. You can easily swap out the batteries in pitch black.
It's bullet proof.
The new led teck is amazing. $30 for a solar charger. Further, I'm hooked on skiing w/ a backpack, had some serious falls this year (ice) and the packs really help break the fall.

BodeMiller1

Here's a trail in South Concord, NH. Almost in Bow. The whole area is the site of old quarries. Not granite, this is the good stuff.
It's behind Flanigans South Ender store.
20220308_115702.jpg

Attachments

• 20220308_115314.jpg
    20220308_115314.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

tonnyhigh

I use Imalent MS18, it's one of the most powerful flashlight. I often buy stuff for sports and my hobbies at everest. There are different outdoor gear, plus they are giving back to the organizations and invest in philanthropic programs https://www.everest.com/how-we-give-back . I joined caliber membership to get discounts and free shipping.

Last edited:

pedxing

I use a petzel headlamp, but also the flashlight function on my cell phone (and on my cell charger which I take for backpacking).

BodeMiller1

These work pretty well, 5,000 candles and it will cut through all butt the most challenging weather conditions.
Also, it's portable!

As cool as a body on ice.

Attachments

• 9tDmLHmks2-6.png
    9tDmLHmks2-6.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 1