• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

KustyTheKlown

thats cute, did you help plan the lift for your 9th grade business class project?

any CHILD who skis as much as you do and still feels the need to COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING, is quite obviously spoiled.

magic owes you nothing.

bdfreetuna

Plenty of other mom and pop shops buy used lifts and get them installed correctly and on time.

The guy installing the lift doesn't typically kick the bucket mid-install though.

We were promised rides on a black chair and a red chair. All we get is rides on a red chair. I don't sit out all day at the railroad crossing just to see some everyday workhorse chug through off-schedule, and I sure as heck don't subject myself to the hazards and risks of alpine skiing to ride only half the colored chairs I bargained for.

Fail to see why some others here are questioning your wisdom as of late.

I am not spoiled

:lol:

NYDB

I think they would have been more roasting if there was a need for the lift this year other than 2 days (that I heard/saw). So I think they lucked out a little in that respect. (I'm sure they would have much rather had the snow) There could have been 10 more days with a good snow year

Last edited:

cdskier

I'm quite certain some of the people complaining have 0 experience with actually working on any large scale projects.

Slidebrook87

I'm quite certain some of the people complaining have 0 experience with actually working on any large scale projects.

I’ve stated multiple times that there were in fact issues that came up around the timeline. The issue was that Magic both guaranteed that it would operate this season and for a good portion of the season completely stopped progress and left it as a mystery to the public. Any good ownership would explain what had happened and try to make good from it. It’s as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdironRider

The guy installing the lift doesn't typically kick the bucket mid-install though.

Fail to see why some others here are questioning your wisdom as of late.

:lol:

They could have paid for the real pros, but didn't. While unfortunately the contractor died, there are challenges with any major construction project and they left themselves with no alternative. That was the mistake, not just luck like a lot are arguing.

Now they are going to carry the costs associated with this already used lift, for the better part of two years before a single person rides the thing. Letting a nickel hold up a dollar is bad business no matter who you are. Hopefully they didn't finance the thing because that will have effects elsewhere.

Slidebrook87

thats cute, did you help plan the lift for your 9th grade business class project?

any CHILD who skis as much as you do and still feels the need to COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING, is quite obviously spoiled.

magic owes you nothing.

I love how you think it’s a good idea to resort to shaming a person just because of how old they are. How rude.

KustyTheKlown

I love how you think it’s a good idea to resort to shaming a person just because of how old they are. How rude.

your age is relevant to the conversation. it shows how you lack any perspective and how everything in your entire life has been handed to you for free.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Would the pros have gotten it done on time though? Not always

Bretton Gondola took two years to install when it was originally supposed to be just one.

Did they send out an "I sorry" note to their pass holders?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

icecoast1

I’ve stated multiple times that there were in fact issues that came up around the timeline. The issue was that Magic both guaranteed that it would operate this season and for a good portion of the season completely stopped progress and left it as a mystery to the public. Any good ownership would explain what had happened and try to make good from it. It’s as simple as that.

They've sent multiple emails saying the contractor wasnt showing up, which was the cause of the delay, so you're wrong again

Slidebrook87

your age is relevant to the conversation. it shows how you lack any perspective and how everything in your entire life has been handed to you for free.

It actually isn’t relavant. In no way does discussing a lift installation relate to age. Saying things like “everything in your entire life has been handed to you for free” is so rude and not true. Just stop with the age. Nobody else cares about age. We were all 14 once. All you’re making me want to do is completely give up something that I am passionate about.

KustyTheKlown

your entitled attitude and lack of perspective is a direct result of you being a child.

you pay for your season pass? your skis? your lodging in the mountains? your transport and gas to ski?

ya, didnt think so.

rocks860

If it’s not age then I guess you’re just a pompous jackass, that’s gonna be rough when you get older

drjeff

It actually isn’t relavant. In no way does discussing a lift installation relate to age. Saying things like “everything in your entire life has been handed to you for free” is so rude and not true. Just stop with the age. Nobody else cares about age. We were all 14 once. All you’re making me want to do is completely give up something that I am passionate about.

The wise, old Greek philosopher, Socrates, once said "The one thing I know is that I know nothing"

As one gains wisdom through age and life experiences, one often learns that that quote very often ends up being true

skiur

This thread has gotten very embarrassing.....slidebrook has an excuse for acting like a kid, he is one...what's everyone else's excuse?

Smellytele

Can someone repost what they actually said before the season? I know they made a big deal when the acquired the lift but I thought they said they hoped to have, not they will have the lift up and running at any given point.

Vaughn

Thinking of going on Saturday - anyone know how hard the rain hit central VT?