The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I don't see Magic as an early season destination since its snowmaking would still be inferior to the major resorts. Until those resorts get crowded or magic has natural snow trails open I don't see it being a good option for day ticket skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    I don't see Magic as an early season destination since its snowmaking would still be inferior to the major resorts. Until those resorts get crowded or magic has natural snow trails open I don't see it being a good option for day ticket skiers.
    Don't forget late season. There's a new player in town. Whales of snow on Green Line.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Supposedly they have 70% capability once they fix some lines. Have to assume a longer season goes hand in hand with "reliability" and "consistency" they speak of improving. Then again I'm not going to ski Magic until it's mostly open and in nice shape anyway.
    Capability to cover 70% when all the pipes are fixed is true however the biggest issue with Magic's snowmaking system lies in the capacity and efficiency. I would assume that being able to move more water up the hill at any given moment to new energy efficient guns would be a top priority in improving the effectiveness of the system.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

A Magic thread that doesn't start with "what the............??," sign me up for this. Thanks for the much needed change.

After starting the "what the heck" thread I agree with RG and this new thread that it's time for a change. I had a couple of beers with JM today and a new Magic is in fact being born. Incredibly exciting. Incredibly challenging. Could be incredibly satisfying, but we all need to help out in our own ways: Volunteer days. Ski Magic well before its 100% open. Bring the family for a tube session (and then dinner). Bring a friend or two. Spread the word. RG and a select few do this better than most (and me). We need more to join the faithful.

Sitting back and waiting for a foot of pow, or a crowded holiday weekend at your favorite corporate resort, ain't gonna cut it.

Long live Magic, The New Magic.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

very exciting news!
    re: tubing, wondering what you plan for the "bumpers" or "people catchers" at the top of the run-out? the aichholz gang (shudder) had frozen haybales.

$1 to maybe $2 million investment over 5 years isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    A. How would you know as you don't ski there?

B. The new owners have said they will have reserve capital. They also could pick up additional investors.

C. Thanks for being so kind as to wait until at least the second page of the new thread prior to inserting your typical Magic negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

C. Thanks for being so kind as to wait until at least the second page of the new thread prior to inserting your typical Magic negativity.

He is still mad about Hans Thorner railing Mrs. Steamboat back in the day. Can't blame him for hating the place.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Agree with you to some extent, curious what those who disagree with you have in their mind for a number. Surely it can't be much lower than $500,000 a season for improvement and cleaning up old problems.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Thread Information