The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    I have no idea what the number is, but I'm going to trust that the new ownership has done their research and give them time to try and succeed before being critical of their plans. The Magic faithful have shown themselves as a very loyal group, but they're also not at all afraid to express criticism when things aren't going well. If in a couple years it's still the same old, same old, then I think it would be appropriate to look back and say bad plan.

New ownership, new energy, they deserve the full support of anyone who is passionate about skiing that they succeed.

As someone who was pessimistic about a deal getting done, this is great news! Looking forward to skiing there this season and supporting this change however I can.

I figure if I'm only gonna be there 2-3 times in a season anyway might as well go on pow days. Money is money right?

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I figure if I'm only gonna be there 2-3 times in a season anyway might as well go on pow days. Money is money right?
    Yeah sure but being a bit more aggressive in supporting Magic will help assure its there for you on those powder days. And Magic is always cheaper than the mega resorts. Money is money, right?
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    That's one of the premonitions (that Magic is only good on powder days) that IMHO the new management wants to change. I enjoy any day I'm skiing at Magic but actually prefer the non powder days. There's always plenty of untracked snow to be found days after storms and you can do it without the the throngs of "bros" in slay mode. The lift and beer lines are shorter too.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    $1 to maybe $2 million investment over 5 years isn't going to cut it.
    You'd be surprised what $1 to $2mm would do to help Magic get over the hump to having reliable lifts and significantly more snowmaking, earlier, deeper, on more terrain.

But no amount of money will counter poor management, and that's what we've had for several years. A little capital and good management will go a long way. And if properly managed that "invested capital" will generate a return which will then be reinvested.

And let's remember that Magic is not aiming to compete with the big guys so multi million dollar high speed lifts, 1000 HKD tower guns and a sushi bar are not in the plan. If that's what you expect you might as well move on now.....
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

From up here at Whaleback Mountain we wish the new owners and operators the best of luck - it is exciting to see local hills get a breath of fresh air and a new lease on life!
    Last edited by Whaleback-Mountain; Aug 24, 2016 at 9:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Yeah sure but being a bit more aggressive in supporting Magic will help assure its there for you on those powder days. And Magic is always cheaper than the mega resorts. Money is money, right?
    I don't pay full price for tickets anywhere so not really a factor. I hear what you're saying but consider that Magic is already my most skied mountain in Southern VT... I could ski at Stratton just as cheap but go to Magic to avoid crowds and have a solid ski day. I also like to switch it up so I'll probably do a day at Mount Snow, maybe one at Stratton, other than that it's Killington and points north for better snow and (on average) better terrain.

I don't always go on a powder day but I do like Magic best with a couple inches of freshies

Have to disagree with Magic being cheaper than the big boys, at least last year. If you know what you're doing you can ski Mt. Snow, K-ton, or even Stratton for cheaper than Magic with Liftopia and other deals. I hope the team coming in looks at the competition and realizes there needs to be a good hard look at ticket pricing.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Have to disagree with Magic being cheaper than the big boys, at least last year. If you know what you're doing you can ski Mt. Snow, K-ton, or even Stratton for cheaper than Magic with Liftopia and other deals. I hope the team coming in looks at the competition and realizes there needs to be a good hard look at ticket pricing.
    there are always deals at different places.

with CT ski club you can (last season) ski Magic any sat/sun for $50 day. special days @ $45. other places you mention have similar special days +/- $5 but not every weekend. if they have the same offers this year i'm sure i'll be there a few times despite my season pass @ Peak Resorts
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Thread Information