• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

JamaicaMan

I purchased a Throwback Card. Will I be affected by the 1500 ticket limit?

Yes, showing up and purchasing a $29 ticket with the Throwback Card counts toward a day ticket sold. Same with Zero Commitment Card for 18-24 year old. But, just don't show up after 11a and you should be good on a busy day. It only happened once last year. But it could happen on MLK or President's weekends or after a major dump...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

urungus

Yes, showing up and purchasing a $29 ticket with the Throwback Card counts toward a day ticket sold. Same with Zero Commitment Card for 18-24 year old. But, just don't show up after 11a and you should be good on a busy day. It only happened once last year. But it could happen on MLK or President's weekends or after a major dump...

Thanks, good to know. I usually show up on the early side so hopefully it won’t be an issue. BTW, I should be picking up my Throwback Card at the counter during my first visit, correct (it won’t be mailed to me) ?

JamaicaMan

Thanks, good to know. I usually show up on the early side so hopefully it won’t be an issue. BTW, I should be picking up my Throwback Card at the counter during my first visit, correct (it won’t be mailed to me) ?

Yes, pictures to be taken when you come for the card! See you soon!

JamicaMan, what will the bar limit be?

With all the improvements, I am afraid a whole bunch of NYC/Westchester-private equity-d-bags will come in droves. I can just seem them now, bringing their snotty families with their Patagonia, carbon fiber gear, and taking two runs on the carpet while posting 10 pics to Instagram, then going to the bar and complaining that you don’t serve McCallan 18, all while their rescue dog wonders around outside.

NYDB

With all the improvements, I am afraid a whole bunch of NYC/Westchester-private equity-d-bags will come in droves. I can just seem them now, bringing their snotty families with their Patagonia, carbon fiber gear, and taking two runs on the carpet while posting 10 pics to Instagram, then going to the bar and complaining that you don’t serve McCallan 18, all while their rescue dog wonders around outside.

Yes, the last thing they need is people with a lot of money to show up!

BTW, isn't that a carbon flagship in your avatar?

KustyTheKlown

hi! Brooklyn douchebag here. don't worry. that will never ever happen. i mention magic down here and people are like "huh?". the typical ny douchebag does not want the product that magic is offering. they want gondolas and mccallan 18 as you said, and perfect grooming. despite recent press coverage, magic remains totally unknown down here, and only still only appeals to more core skiers, of which we are severely lacking down in nyc. the droves will stay at okemo Stratton and killington. and people who come to magic and like it are the people who belong at magic.

Smellytele

hi! Brooklyn douchebag here. don't worry. that will never ever happen. i mention magic down here and people are like "huh?". the typical ny douchebag does not want the product that magic is offering. they want gondolas and mccallan 18 as you said, and perfect grooming. despite recent press coverage, magic remains totally unknown down here, and only still only appeals to more core skiers, of which we are severely lacking down in nyc. the droves will stay at okemo Stratton and killington. and people who come to magic and like it are the people who belong at magic.

...And where do you belong? :)

RustyGroomer

I've seen these douchebags & their mangy mutt in person.

IMG_3654 2.jpg
IMG_3640 2.jpg

Spewing all over the IG

24257325_10100204373346112_1177150294_n.jpg

JamaicaMan

Back to the original question about a bar limit. Anyone who orders a mojito during the Après ski rush will be immediately removed from the premises...

Back to the original question about a bar limit. Anyone who orders a mojito during the Après ski rush will be immediately removed from the premises...

Fair policy. Going up next weekend to move into the house. Looking forward to another great season!