• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Fun day today. Dropped into Warlock for the first time, it was awesome. Deep, steep, and incredible 3 days after the storm.

There were lines but they seemed manageable. I did some lifty service with my son and people seemed in good spirits. With black loading at half rate, the trails remained open without big crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

NYDB

My wife reported wait times approx 20 minutes in the afternoon, although they dropped down in the last 2 hours. Anyone know what is keeping black chair from loading every chair? Its already a double now its basically a single?

Take that mrg, magic has a single chair too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

Race day at Magic today! 150 kids on the start list. Way more narrow waisted skis on the racks outside the lodge right now than a typical morning at Magic!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

JDMRoma

Fun day today. Dropped into Warlock for the first time, it was awesome. Deep, steep, and incredible 3 days after the storm.

There were lines but they seemed manageable. I did some lifty service with my son and people seemed in good spirits. With black loading at half rate, the trails remained open without big crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I was there yesterday, first time for me ! Luckily we had a guide for a while, he showed us the goods ! Steep and Deep were the word of the day.
I did see you with your son, he was completely out cold !! Awesome ! he Looked pretty comfy !
what a great place, hope to return on a weekday !

rocks860

Yesterday was definitely way more crowded than last weekend but amazingly fun. Vertigo was my first run of the day and it was just full powder bumps and looked like barely anyone had skied it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slatham

My wife reported wait times approx 20 minutes in the afternoon, although they dropped down in the last 2 hours. Anyone know what is keeping black chair from loading every chair? Its already a double now its basically a single?

Take that mrg, magic has a single chair too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using AlpineZone mobile app

Black needs a new drive. It ran at full "double chair" capacity earlier this year but something happened - no idea what - and they have to run it at 50%. I would presume a new drive is in the plans for this summer, but JM or DW can provide the real details.

Great snow at Magic this weekend and it looks like more this week. After a frustrating, bi-polar winter it is good see the snow being delivered. With luck we can keep this going through Easter weekend and Magic can turn this winter into a winner.

Vaughn

Is the top of Magician open now? That didn't even look close last week even after the dumping a week ago Friday?

rocks860

Is the top of Magician open now? That didn't even look close last week even after the dumping a week ago Friday?

Yeah it was open on Saturday. Most of the top was roped off except for the skiers left side

drjeff

If this Tuesday storm delivers as it is looking like it might now, just everyone do themselves a favor and go to Magic later this week!! Such a blast today!!

makimono

Race day at Magic today! 150 kids on the start list. Way more narrow waisted skis on the racks outside the lodge right now than a typical morning at Magic!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

ha I shoulda got a picture...I stopped short when I came around the corner this morning and saw all that neon yellow. It's great seeing all the race kids there with all their home mountain gear on, representing, that's gotta be a blast for them. And honestly even when they came down in a surge and the lines swelled a couple times I don't think I ever waited more than 15 minutes or so. Great great day (couple days) Magic is skiing fat rn

BenedictGomez

Twilight zone was super fun too

I was skiing this weekend with my gf, so I didnt hit all the blacks at Magic, but Twilight Zone was a ton of fun. Just a classic New England mogul run with an interesting diagonal fall-line, and I love the fact the "lawyers" havent cut all the trees down in the middle of the trail. Sadly, these sort of trails are rarer than a 3-legged albino deer today, most have been neutered or destroyed at some point (SEE: Liftline @ Stowe).

Yesterday was definitely way more crowded than last weekend but amazingly fun. Vertigo was my first run of the day and it was just full powder bumps and looked like barely anyone had skied it.

And this was my favorite intermediate trail. I must have skied Vertigo 10 times between yesterday and today. Saturday morning I was in line right after the lift opened and that was my first run as well. Just fantastic powdery moguls. It was my last run today as well, and though the powder was obviously gone, the moguls were still in fantastic shape, and this was a bit after 3pm.

slatham

I was skiing this weekend with my gf, so I didnt hit all the blacks at Magic, but Twilight Zone was a ton of fun. Just a classic New England mogul run with an interesting diagonal fall-line, and I love the fact the "lawyers" havent cut all the trees down in the middle of the trail. Sadly, these sort of trails are rarer than a 3-legged albino deer today, most have been neutered or destroyed at some point (SEE: Liftline @ Stowe).

And this was my favorite intermediate trail. I must have skied Vertigo 10 times between yesterday and today. Saturday morning I was in line right after the lift opened and that was my first run as well. Just fantastic powdery moguls. It was my last run today as well, and though the powder was obviously gone, the moguls were still in fantastic shape, and this was a bit after 3pm.

Up Your Sleeve to Vertigo one of the most under rated combo's at Magic, and one of the best intermediate runs in SoVT. And both were sweet this weekend!

rocks860

Up Your Sleeve to Vertigo one of the most under rated combo's at Magic, and one of the best intermediate runs in SoVT. And both were sweet this weekend!

Vertigo was closed last weekend but up your sleeve was insane. Over a foot of fresh snow and no one was skiing it for some reason. I believe there was a thin cover sign but it was anything but

BenedictGomez

I did Up Your Sleeve a number of times (that was the gf's favorite trail), but once a decent mogul field developed on Medium to skier's right I kept going down that run instead. Both were in fantastic shape. Skier's left of Medium was getting a bit skied off by Sunday afternoon, but still fine.

BenedictGomez

This thread needs some more pics.

This was taken in the Disappearing Act woods, sometime Saturday afternoon

DWmagic.jpg

JoeB-Z

When open they rope Master Magician that way because there are springs on skiers right. What looks like a mogul can be a knob of ice. I usually ski this once when open but chickened out due to injury recovery issues.

Yeah it was open on Saturday. Most of the top was roped off except for the skiers left side