• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

slatham

When open they rope Master Magician that way because there are springs on skiers right. What looks like a mogul can be a knob of ice. I usually ski this once when open but chickened out due to injury recovery issues.

There are also several, oversized rocks top middle and right. There is also the snowmaking pipe. All of this makes any entrance other than skiers left a major disaster for all but the experienced local.

And the springs too....

Unless I am with someone who has skied it, I always look UP the trail from Heart of Magician/Broomstick before I go DOWN Magician for the first time.

rocks860

Yeah Craig at the bar said we should skied it but it was a pass for me. Especially after the beers I was drinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceEidolon

I'll be there for Wednesday, is there a preferred spot in the lot so as to not mess up any plowing?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

JamaicaMan

There are also several, oversized rocks top middle and right. There is also the snowmaking pipe. All of this makes any entrance other than skiers left a major disaster for all but the experienced local.

And the springs too....

Unless I am with someone who has skied it, I always look UP the trail from Heart of Magician/Broomstick before I go DOWN Magician for the first time.

Tree line skiers-right on Magician was absolutely killer. And will be again tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
My first time at Magic was Friday. I had the time of my life:

http://nyskiblog.com/magic-for-the-first-time/

magic-mmp.jpg

Photo courtesy Rusty Groomer

Raabi

Any projected closing day? We made it up from outside Philly for our second time to Magic during Riley. Skied some of my favorite runs ever! I have been glued to the website following all the recent snow reports and posts since we left. We’d love to make another weekend trip but it doesn’t look like it would be til April.

RustyGroomer

Such a pleasure to ski with you Harvey. Thanks for a great write up. Come back soon my friend.

Harvey shreddin' Magic.
28827268_10216118826587079_4707707972609945166_o.jpg

JamaicaMan

Any projected closing day? We made it up from outside Philly for our second time to Magic during Riley. Skied some of my favorite runs ever! I have been glued to the website following all the recent snow reports and posts since we left. We’d love to make another weekend trip but it doesn’t look like it would be til April.

April 7/8 is typical time frame for us...then we may just open for pow days if it keeps dumping into April!

makimono

Getting spoiled over here. What a relentlessly awesome 2 week period! Foot and a half fresh this morning and the opening line for Red was 1/2 of what it was last Thursday and after that it was basically ski on all day. This was some really light snow too, lighter than last storm. Snowed all day and several more inches tonight? And tomorrow (Thursday) is still $29 Throwback pricing. :daffy:

Raabi

Thanks! Hope we can swing that, could use some soft spring bump skiing in my life.

The Sneak

So how's Saturday (tmrw) looking?
I see there's an event going on. What kind of lines are we looking at? Will Black be running?
Really hoping to hit Magic tmrw but am nervous about crowds and lines....having spent last wknd in line @ Stratton I'm not sure if I am up for a repeat of that....

JamaicaMan

So how's Saturday (tmrw) looking?
I see there's an event going on. What kind of lines are we looking at? Will Black be running?
Really hoping to hit Magic tmrw but am nervous about crowds and lines....having spent last wknd in line @ Stratton I'm not sure if I am up for a repeat of that....

Saturday will be busy no doubt. Hopefully keep lines to 15-20 minutes max. We will control Day ticket sales at 1000 to help keep it manageable