The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 70

AlpineZone

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
    Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Thanks for the update ... can’t wait for the season to begin!! How is the yurt progressing?
    That's a good question, maybe JamicaMan or Do Work will chime in on that. My GUESS is they have their hands full this fall (Green Lift, Carpet Lift, water pipe, new compressor(s), prepping Red & Black for inspection, and all the behind the scenes stuff us tourists have no clue about) and that it will be a spring install setting up for next summer.

2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

No yurt until next year, our plate is more than full right now. I can't wait to dial in Sunshine corner though, what a great place to have!

Quote Originally Posted by Do Work View Post
    No yurt until next year, our plate is more than full right now. I can't wait to dial in Sunshine corner though, what a great place to have!
    Let us know, and we can help next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Do Work
    No yurt until next year
    Aw darn. As John Cougar Mellencamp would say ... “yurts so good”

Check out Magic Facebook page for some shots of Volunteer Day and some NEW glades being cut. Rumor has it several new glades/trails on map for this season pushing Magic to over 50.

Meanwhile the mountain was a beehive of activity: the mountain goats were weedwacking the steeps (once done 100% of the mountain will be cut and ready for snow); TWO excavators were working on tubing area for new underground power and comms, lighting, and better configuration for the tubing lift; Red was being worked on presumably for an upcoming inspection; and the Magic Carpet lift line was in mid stage of being excavated.

Rumor has it the Carpet lift comes this week and the work on the all import snowmaking water lines in the base begins. Looks like Do Work will be welding away soon!

Amazing that all this work the new owners have done has been done in LESS than one year of ownership....
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

It's very impressive how much has been done in such a short amount of time! The "Wow" factor is going to be huge this winter. Looking forward to spending a few days there this year!

Thread Information