• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

mister moose

Plan a trip to magic and it snows, your family trip just got 200 bucks more expensive, completely unplanned and you wouldn't know until what, two hours at best before they open?

Lots of other folks would be getting in a car that morning. I wouldn't be thrilled to show up and the price just jumped over 100%.

Magic isn't good enough to pull this indefinitely. Hence why they have closed how many times?

I'm wondering how many restaurants you've been to that opposite the lobster dinner it says "Market Price".

IceEidolon

It's more like:

Winter Weekends
Christmas Week
Presidents Week

How many days is that?
I hear up to 1/3 of yearly revenue can come from Christmas, MLK, and President's Day traffic, assuming good weather. If Magic can sell out a Powder Day for $100,000+ ($74 x 1500 ticket cap) instead of $45,000 (same, but Throwback pricing) more power to 'em - if there's powder, it's worth it.

I think Magic is well worth some kind of pass product, I'm just debating whether I can make it north often enough to beat the average window rate. So far I haven't, but the other mountain pass benefits are tempting...

As for commentary from actual informed Magic folks, I hope the monkeys throwing ideas and insults around out here - of which I am one, especially about snowmaking - don't end up cutting off the flow of facts especially about operational decisions and constraints. I really enjoy following the continuing progress and seeing how things evolve.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

IceEidolon

Say it with confidence like that and I'll believe you!

Bosco DaSkia

He’s not the owner.

I am.

Idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, way to act like a real asshole. As a long time customer of and fan of your ski area, I still find the actions of you and your employees deplorable in this part of this thread.

I have worked in this industry for 25 years now, and I have yet to see a positive outcome from shitting on your customers, or potential customers. What's the point? You never look good when you are sarcastically putting someone down. At best you look like an asshole, and at worst, you lost a potential paying customer who is also going to talk shit about you to everyone he knows. Remember, word of mouth advertising works both ways.

Engage the positive folks, and ignore anything you perceive as negative. Otherwise, you risk alienating folks that would otherwise be happy, paying customers.

:cool:

sull1102

Wow, way to act like a real asshole. As a long time customer of and fan of your ski area, I still find the actions of you and your employees deplorable in this part of this thread.

I have worked in this industry for 25 years now, and I have yet to see a positive outcome from shitting on your customers, or potential customers. What's the point? You never look good when you are sarcastically putting someone down. At best you look like an asshole, and at worst, you lost a potential paying customer who is also going to talk shit about you to everyone he knows. Remember, word of mouth advertising works both ways.

Engage the positive folks, and ignore anything you perceive as negative. Otherwise, you risk alienating folks that would otherwise be happy, paying customers.

Just a heads up Bosco that MMP does not own Magic thank god. Jamaicaman runs the show up there after decades of stuggle under previous ownership groups while Do Work is a major major major part of the team as well.

As to the complete meltdown around my comment that saying you are glad the saggy pants crowd stays away from your area has a racist undertone to it then you are likely lilly white and from the burbs because that is one of the most obvious racist things and always has been. But then again someone also said that because I pointed this out it is most likely that I am actually the racist... Rightttttttttt. God I love getting skiers panties all in a bunch. Also good work to the person who dug up one loan video from Ski The East. How about you go look at the Burton team and their clothing lineup this year...

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

Jully

I hear up to 1/3 of yearly revenue can come from Christmas, MLK, and President's Day traffic, assuming good weather. If Magic can sell out a Powder Day for $100,000+ ($74 x 1500 ticket cap) instead of $45,000 (same, but Throwback pricing) more power to 'em - if there's powder, it's worth it.

I think Magic is well worth some kind of pass product, I'm just debating whether I can make it north often enough to beat the average window rate. So far I haven't, but the other mountain pass benefits are tempting...

As for commentary from actual informed Magic folks, I hope the monkeys throwing ideas and insults around out here - of which I am one, especially about snowmaking - don't end up cutting off the flow of facts especially about operational decisions and constraints. I really enjoy following the continuing progress and seeing how things evolve.

+1

slatham

So from a single blog post you take it as gospel that MMP is the owner of Magic? He's a great guy and one of the biggest fans of Magic, but he ain't running the show. You may be a long time customer, but you are not very informed, and you might want to become better informed before you make assumptions and throw people under the bus. Read the full thread, then tell me who speaks for the mountain. I doubt you'll find it is "deplorable".

And for the record, I have no official association with Magic.

MMP

And referring to “baggy pants” crowd in the context of lily white skiing, isn’t racist.

It may be unfair to snowboarders, but racist? Nah.

RustyGroomer

With a desperate attempt to save...….

Attachments

• x3.jpg
    x3.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 110
  • x4.jpg
    x4.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 106

sull1102

Personally, I’d have fired you much sooner.

Oh you poor poor thing. You can believe what you want, but I quit and left that burning building head held high after the old man lost his shit when I chose not to steal money from paying customers for a product that was never coming. A major vendor used for online sales and multiple credit card companies started calling with major fraud concerns and no one gave a shit. The vendor then realized how bad things were and opted to issue refunds, seeing as they were a responsible business with common sense. I bet you those that did get their money back were happy to not get worked over. Sorry I wasn't down for just stealing and lying all day, everyday claiming we were gonna open any day now while I had people lying to me about what was actually going on, work they were doing, and watched the whole place collapse and stab itself in the back over and over again.

prsboogie

Look why don't you guys go and shit up a new thread and leave this for people who actually want discuss Magic and what's happening there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MMP

Oh you poor poor thing. You can believe what you want, but I quit and left that burning building head held high after the old man lost his shit when I chose not to steal money from paying customers for a product that was never coming. A major vendor used for online sales and multiple credit card companies started calling with major fraud concerns and no one gave a shit. The vendor then realized how bad things were and opted to issue refunds, seeing as they were a responsible business with common sense. I bet you those that did get their money back were happy to not get worked over. Sorry I wasn't down for just stealing and lying all day, everyday claiming we were gonna open any day now while I had people lying to me about what was actually going on, work they were doing, and watched the whole place collapse and stab itself in the back over and over again.

Might want to switch to decaf.

rtjcbrown

And referring to “baggy pants” crowd in the context of lily white skiing, isn’t racist.

It may be unfair to snowboarders, but racist? Nah.

Agreed. I don't care about your ethnicity, the color of your skin, or what you have strapped to your feet, I just don't need to see your underwear/plumbers crack. If you can't have some self-respect, at least respect others enough to pull up your pants.