• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

ShadyGrove

So from a single blog post you take it as gospel that MMP is the owner of Magic? He's a great guy and one of the biggest fans of Magic, but he ain't running the show. You may be a long time customer, but you are not very informed, and you might want to become better informed before you make assumptions and throw people under the bus. Read the full thread, then tell me who speaks for the mountain. I doubt you'll find it is "deplorable".

And for the record, I have no official association with Magic.

But I read it on the internet, so it's got to be true!

bdfreetuna

you are likely lilly white and from the burbs

So far in this thread (and probably going back several years on this forum in general) you've been the only person to:

- see things through a lens of racism / race-obsession even in logically absurd cases
- talk about a specific race as if it's a bad thing (in your case the white race)
- talk about suburban people as if someone's place of living or economic status automatically makes them ignorant

I wouldn't go so far as to call you a racist, but you certainly are stereotyping. My brown psychologist wife thinks you could learn a thing or two about projection based on one's own insecurities. Normally I don't mention her race but I guess that's important to you.

You ought to man up (even though that might be hate speech in your book), apologize, and wash out the blue hair dye before any more seeps into your brain.

JamaicaMan

Anybody that ever has a serious question or issue on what’s happening at Magic can email me ghatheway@magicmtn.com or call me at 802-824-5645. Except MMP of course ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

RustyGroomer

Here you go skifree.

Attachments

• x10.jpg
    x10.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 108
  • Adam2.jpg
    Adam2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Lynchy.jpg
    Lynchy.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 107

Domeskier

Can the millennial weigh in on this dilemma I'm having: am I racist for making fun of this guy or am I guilty of supporting cultural appropriation if I don't?

saggy pants.jpg

makimono

Volunteer Day this Saturday, I'm planning on going...DW or JM is there any mowed slope that would be out of the way of the disc golf program where a guy could try out his grass skis on? I was thinking it might even be fun and dangerous to try them out in Disappearing Act or the Hallows.
:dunce:

[FONT=wfont_8d4d8a_63560769b6d844c3b3aa33c2ed71c6f7]V[/FONT]
Volunteer Day #2

When: September 22, 8:30am - 2:00pm
Where: Meet at Base Lodge
Description: Meet at base lodge for glade clearing and lodge projects to help Magic get ready for the 2018-19 season. Lunch and refreshments will be served to all volunteers!

skifree

Volunteer Day this Saturday, I'm planning on going...DW or JM is there any mowed slope that would be out of the way of the disc golf program where a guy could try out his grass skis on? I was thinking it might even be fun and dangerous to try them out in Disappearing Act or the Hallows.

Volunteer Day #2

Description: Meet at base lodge for glade clearing and lodge projects to help Magic get ready for the 2018-19 season. Lunch and refreshments will be served to all volunteers!

just make sure you have non baggy pants and put your boards in the rack when done.

RustyGroomer

Just make sure you film please. Sadly I cannot be there.

Just in case anyone is wondering if this guy is for real. Here's Makimono on his mono.

Attachments

• Bic1.jpg
    Bic1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 136
  • BIc.jpg
    BIc.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Makimono.jpg
    Makimono.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 134

Do Work

Volunteer Day #2

We have a few areas mowed for disc golf you might be interested in. What’s the worst that could happen?!

BenedictGomez

So far in this thread (and probably going back several years on this forum in general) you've been the only person to:

- see things through a lens of racism / race-obsession even in logically absurd cases
- talk about a specific race as if it's a bad thing (in your case the white race)
- talk about suburban people as if someone's place of living or economic status automatically makes them ignorant

Yup. This was my point, but you explained it better.

In my observational experience, it's the people who obsess & fixate over race that tend to actually be racist. In a weird sort of sanctimonious, showy, self-righteous way, it's like they're publicly trying to prove to themselves that they're not. [/End FreudMode]