• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

skicub

Got my throwback card! Purchased first thing this morning! Never been to Magic, but am a Regular at Bromley. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

tnt1234

This is gonna be my year to finally get to magic. I can just feel it....

slatham

tnt1234 and Killingtime, why don't you drop by Saturday morning for Volunteer Day #3 and do some pre-ski homework on the glade situation? Looks like a beautiful day to be in the woods!

RustyGroomer

Hope to see you guys there. Old pic that never gets old. Come anyday but if you catch Black like this you're in for some serious fun.
IMG_2926.jpg

Killingtime

tnt1234 and Killingtime, why don't you drop by Saturday morning for Volunteer Day #3 and do some pre

Definitely wouldn't mind helping those guys out but unfortunately I'm not in VT this weekend. From the trail map it looks like Twighlight, Goniff and Wardrobe would be a lot of fun. Blackline looks good too. It'll have to wait a few more weeks for me.

slatham

tnt1234 and Killingtime, why don't you drop by Saturday morning for Volunteer Day #3 and do some pre

Definitely wouldn't mind helping those guys out but unfortunately I'm not in VT this weekend. From the trail map it looks like Twighlight, Goniff and Wardrobe would be a lot of fun. Blackline looks good too. It'll have to wait a few more weeks for me.

yes you are correct, but that's just the tip, tippy tip, of the iceberg.....

rusty thanks for posting those pics for some preseason psych! See you Saturday.

tnt1234

tnt1234 and Killingtime, why don't you drop by Saturday morning for Volunteer Day #3 and do some pre-ski homework on the glade situation? Looks like a beautiful day to be in the woods!

Would love to but I'm in jersey....and suddenly have a gig to play saturday.

This post dovetails with that other thread - I want to live in VT!

slatham

Great day at Magic yesterday for volunteer day #3. Multiple crews up on the mountain, plus lodge work and siding on the Green lift shack. Good turnout and fun by all at the mini-Oktoberfest with Stein holding comp and corn hole contest (with some sweet Magic graphics). Green chair is making progress and it is great to look from the deck to see two chairs to the east. Another great view is looking down into Sunshine corner from Carpet and seeing the new patrol shack and the Green summit terminal beyond, newly painted, with shiny sheaves and a cable.

They've done significant work buffing the trails down to front yard depth grass - inducing ALL the steep I could see (Red,Black,Black Magic, Witch, HOM, Talisman). They have also cut back numerous trails to their original width, notably Trick, Magic Carpet "through the woods", Lower Carpet, etc. The mountain has probably never been this set up for ski season.

Pics in next post....