• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

crazy

Not sure it makes sense even then. Where will you go on Saturday that is less tracked?

Sorry if I came across as ungrateful, I'm sure the skiing will be amazing on Saturday. It's just a very long drive for me. I was thinking it would be worth it if everything was untracked (except for the uphillers), but I think I'll stick to somewhere closer to home instead of Saturday. Again, I'm sure that Magic will be great and I hope you have a great time. I will make the trek there at some other point when conditions call for it :smile:

Smellytele

Sorry if I came across as ungrateful, I'm sure the skiing will be amazing on Saturday. It's just a very long drive for me. I was thinking it would be worth it if everything was untracked (except for the uphillers), but I think I'll stick to somewhere closer to home instead of Saturday. Again, I'm sure that Magic will be great and I hope you have a great time. I will make the trek there at some other point when conditions call for it :smile:

So you must live in Central to Northern VT because Magic is closer to anything else

slatham

AH, that makes sense. Thought you were passing on Magic to do something a bit less logical, like ski Flatton.....

crazy

AH, that makes sense. Thought you were passing on Magic to do something a bit less logical, like ski Flatton.....

Never. LOL! Whatever I ski will be closer to home but not even in the same league as Magic. Think Wachusett, maybe Loon :thumbdown:

BenedictGomez

Haven't been out this year, so flying blind on debating ski choice for wife on Saturday, is there enough snow on intermediates (she doesnt tree ski) to warrant 98 or just stick with her 74s?

Cant say I've ever had to ponder this decision in November before.

Last edited:

Do Work

Haven't been out this year, so flying blind on debating ski choice for wife on Saturday, is there enough snow on intermediates (she doesnt tree ski) to warrant 95 or just stick with her 74s?

Cant say I've ever had to ponder this decision in November before.

I was on 138s yesterday. Wide is good.

BenedictGomez

74s are NEVER the right decision. ever.

That's just silly, for an intermediate who doesn't venture off trails 74 is a solid choice for probably 85% of days.

The weakness is when there are powder conditions or even more than 6" of fresh snow, hence why I bought her 98s as well.

11am today. Still plenty of fresh to be had.

Guess that answers that question.

RustyGroomer

Yesterday...

Attachments

• NovMag4.jpg
    NovMag4.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 192
  • NovMag.jpg
    NovMag.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 192
  • NovMag1.jpg
    NovMag1.jpg