• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Do Work

Looking forward to Monday at Magic! My youngest kid is one of the VARA U14's who will be slapping some plastic down one of the best slalom hills anywhere, Talisman!

Hope that the mountain (and the BLT!) are PACKED this weekend, as you guys DESERVE a HUGE weekend for all you've done!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Racing in Tali is a proud moment for everyone on all sides for sure. Cheers and good luck to your kid!!

JamaicaMan

Looking forward to Monday at Magic! My youngest kid is one of the VARA U14's who will be slapping some plastic down one of the best slalom hills anywhere, Talisman!

Hope that the mountain (and the BLT!) are PACKED this weekend, as you guys DESERVE a HUGE weekend for all you've done!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Thank you and good luck on Monday! Will be a great race venue!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ShadyGrove

Yes, closer to Manchester.

Assuming you mean down the mountain and don't want to drive back up to Winhall or Peru, try the Mystic Cafe or Moonwink. Both relatively new. If you just want a burger and counter service is good enough, Depot St. Burgers is okay (although overpriced).

If you do come back up the mountain, either JJ. Hapgood or Seesaws Lodge is back open in Peru and you can stop on your way from Magic back to Manchester to take a look at their menus. There is also a new pub in Winhall called the Grindstone that I've heard good reviews about.

icecoast1

What's Magic typically like during presidents week crowd wise? Obviously theres a lot of factors but are the crowds at least somewhat manageable? Trying to decide if its worth going for a couple days next week...

skifree

Thanks guys. Crossing fingers on this friday storm....hope to finally get there!

And hey - while I have you....any recommendations for dinner friday/sat. night?

last year we enjoyed Gringo jacks and will probably go back there again. Is the Raven's Den any good? Reviews seem mixed. Cooper Grouse looks great, but can't get in.

I like red fox inn in Bondville . very good.

tnt1234

weather.com says it's snowing at magic right now while it's raining in manchester. Do we believe this?

slatham

weather.com says it's snowing at magic right now while it's raining in manchester. Do we believe this?

That happens ALL the time. Manchester is a deep, North/South Valley. 800’ elevation at lowest point whereas Magic is 1,350’ and in a higher alpine valley East of the spine of the Greens.

Wasn’t there today but based on Bromley I’d say they got some snow this morning, maybe an inch, and had very little if any non-frozen. It did get a bit warm and soft this afternoon but very briefly and is now under freezing at 2,350’ at my place.

JimG.

Staff member
FWIW, I was at Killington today and it snowed all day on the mountain but rained at the bottom of the access road.

JoeB-Z

crowds won't be an issue after monday.

Magic had lines but was entirely fun today. Worst line for me was about 10 minutes. They never hit the 1300 skier day ticket limit.

There was evidently just a bit of rain on Friday but I thought the surfaces were good.

Probably the end for the Black lift as there is no need to fix it after this weekend.

Do Work

Currently snowing nicely, with probably 2" down so far.

Also fwiw Manchester is kind of like Denver or SLC haha... You can never tell what's happening up in the mountains from down in town. It could be a whole different season over Bromley mountain.

slatham

On the two steeper pitches but I think they were groomed last night per the snow report.

Wizard was a TTB groomed, snowmaking base, packed pow cord surface piece of beauty today. Long time since it’s been like that. Full slate of great groomers today plus TZ, HOM and Scorcerer were great natural steeps.

RustyGroomer

Even better when you throw Slide in. Had so much fun skiing that route the other day.

rocks860

I’m thinking of heading up next Saturday, anyone been out recently? How’s it skiing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euler

I’m thinking of heading up next Saturday, anyone been out recently? How’s it skiing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spent the morning there today....The place is skiing great! Low angle trees of the Green Chair were super fun (White Kitten and Disappearing Act, I think) . snow was soft in the woods there. Sorcerer, Talisman, and Heart of Magician all fun...some small bumps, some icy patches, but also TONS of loose piles of snow to make turns on. What else...Vertigo was super fun....all the East side groomers are in great shape, wizard top to bottom. After 4-6 inches tonight and nice cold temps all week, next Saturday should be great for you.