The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 138

AlpineZone

Page 138 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1739
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    Wish. The priors owners of course needed quick cash and sold it off. So Ski Magic gets zero dollars and lousy land owners at the top of the mtn doing harm to our mtn often going off their horribly built work road (boulders) onto grass trails. And, they don’t maintain or improve the road...

Major sore point and prior owners came away with about the same amount of cash selling it as they would in 1-2 years of leasing. Smh
    That sucks. New designated "bra tree"?

Wish. The priors owners of course needed quick cash and sold it off. So Ski Magic gets zero dollars and lousy land owners at the top of the mtn doing harm to our mtn often going off their horribly built work road (boulders) onto grass trails. And, they don’t maintain or improve the road...

Major sore point and prior owners came away with about the same amount of cash selling it as they would in 1-2 years of leasing. Smh
    That sucks. New designated "bra tree"?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Might want to review the easement they have on your property. Just wondering if it is specific enough to limit what trail/road they must use to access the property.

Cool video post on social media about the Green tower assemblies being delivered next week for installation. Progress!
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Might want to review the easement they have on your property. Just wondering if it is specific enough to limit what trail/road they must use to access the property.

Don't get me started. I can't handle that kind of rage atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Do Work View Post
    Don't get me started. I can't handle that kind of rage atm.
    Sorry man - didn't mean to light a fire.

ACT 250 permit application has been submitted........... https://anrweb.vt.gov/ANR/vtANR/Act2...?Num=2W0524-24
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    ACT 250 permit application has been submitted........... https://anrweb.vt.gov/ANR/vtANR/Act2...?Num=2W0524-24
    Thanks. I actually checked today but it must have been before they posted it. Glad to see this is finally in. Hopefully it only takes 4 weeks or so (which seems more or less average from casual observation of these type of filings) so they can start by Sept 1 and get done by the end of November, which was the time frame mentioned. Sounds a bit ambitious but what do I know. I hope the weather cooperates and Green gets done by September without issue as I assume the same crew will install.

Also interesting that one of the docs mentioned 2 other simultaneous projects: the pond, which I expected to be in the mix, but also pipes on Kinderspiel? I wonder if that is really on the list for this summer - it would be a great addition to the snowmaking terrain with Green going in.

Let's hope all goes as planned.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    According to the application. The Motor is only 400 horsepower, with an I. C. engine that has only 140 horsepower. I assume I. C. is the backup. This seams awfully low, but I don't know that much, are lift significantly more efficient than a car? The document also says the lift goes 550 ft a minuet, so its not a slow lift.

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    According to the application. The Motor is only 400 horsepower, with an I. C. engine that has only 140 horsepower. I assume I. C. is the backup. This seams awfully low, but I don't know that much, are lift significantly more efficient than a car? The document also says the lift goes 550 ft a minuet, so its not a slow lift.
    Why do you think that sounds low? For comparison, Sugarbush's Valley House Quad has a 400HP motor and Belleayre's new Gondola has a 600 HP primary drive and a 130 HP Evac drive unit.

Thread Information