The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 82

AlpineZone

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 827
  1. #811
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    As a side note, the groomed way down that Brownie did - Wizard/Broomstick/Upper Black Line/Unnamed crossover to Heart of Magician/Link/Lower Black Line (with solid man made base for Tuck It) was a great and unique cruiser!
    Which direction does “Link” go ... I am confused ... in slatham’s comments above Link is going from Heart of Magician to Black Line. But in this thread from last season slatham indicates that Link goes in the opposite direction, from Black Line to Heart of Magician. http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...Magic+Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Sometimes Broomstick is groomed all the way down to Black Line, and sometimes that grooming continues down skiers left of Black Line and cuts down Link back into Lower Heart of Magician.
    It is not clear on trail map either, the line for Link is nearly horizontal. I guess is slants very slightly from right to left (Heart of Magician to Black Line)?

    EB04AE39-B019-4ECE-906D-2EDDCCAAEFFB.jpg

  2. #812
    Link goes from BL to HoM. Meets a crossover trail (bail out) that goes back to BL. Bail out contination not shown on the new map. Its A lower link.
    And on the seventh day, Ullr created Magic Mountain...

  3. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by skimagic View Post
    Link goes from BL to HoM. Meets a crossover trail (bail out) that goes back to BL. Bail out contination not shown on the new map. Its A lower link.
    Yes confusing, and I thought I knew the mountain! Broomstick, Black Line, take a left down Link to HOM (comes into HOM in same location as Bail Out comes in from Talisman), ski HOM down to the unnamed crossover (a continuation of Bail Out) back into Black Line.

    To make it more confusing, that last crossover actually has two parts, one allowing you to ski FROM Black Line into HOM, and one that goes from HOM into BL.

    Oh, and one more. Further up BL, just down hill from where Broomstick comes into BL, there is another, unnamed crossover going from BL into HOM. I am sure this was to allow those who strayed all the way down Broomstick and accidentally found themselves on BL a way to get back to HOM and live to ski another day.

    Needless to say, I think I need to study the mountain a bit more - I'll start next weekend!
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  4. #814
    Rowsdower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Upper Bucks/Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    668
    Red Line is best line.
    Dude.

  5. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I went to Magic for the first time this season Thursday... great snow. Terrain is in great shape. Had a great time for $29.

    At the risk of being burned alive at the stake by AZ for the crimes of "un-optimistic vibes towards thy Magic Mountain"... that Green chair is not getting finished this year. Hope no one's holding their breath. It's just towers and terminal frames. No bullwheels or anything.
    Yes, we've said Green is a 2018-19 project after the death of our key contractor and have mentioned that in multiple updates. We can't work on it during the winter and must contract another lift installer to work with us come spring.


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

  6. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Yes confusing, and I thought I knew the mountain! Broomstick, Black Line, take a left down Link to HOM (comes into HOM in same location as Bail Out comes in from Talisman), ski HOM down to the unnamed crossover (a continuation of Bail Out) back into Black Line.

    To make it more confusing, that last crossover actually has two parts, one allowing you to ski FROM Black Line into HOM, and one that goes from HOM into BL.

    Oh, and one more. Further up BL, just down hill from where Broomstick comes into BL, there is another, unnamed crossover going from BL into HOM. I am sure this was to allow those who strayed all the way down Broomstick and accidentally found themselves on BL a way to get back to HOM and live to ski another day.

    Needless to say, I think I need to study the mountain a bit more - I'll start next weekend!

    Thanks for the info ... I took the “live to ski another day” route today (run #3) ... my first time down Broomstick! Was fun zigging and zagging back and forth between the runs. Conditions were great, the sun was out, only thing missing was the bar at Sunshine Corner

    C664AD54-F6A7-49AA-8D87-1F55797A9367.jpg

  7. #817
    Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Thanks for the info ... I took the “live to ski another day” route today (run #3) ... my first time down Broomstick! Was fun zigging and zagging back and forth between the runs. Conditions were great, the sun was out, only thing missing was the bar at Sunshine Corner

    C664AD54-F6A7-49AA-8D87-1F55797A9367.jpg
    Nice. I see you also hit Sorcerer, one my many favorite trails at Magic!
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  8. #818
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Sorcerer was as narrow as they come until they put snowmaking on it and cut it wider
    Sure was.

    Magic in the headlines again.

    http://www.manchesterjournal.com/sto...-season,529026

    Pic me. Skier TIN

    25395985_10215365004582000_6757081049377843727_n.jpg

  9. #819
    fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk that was terrible

    1303-and-itsgone.jpg
    Last edited by NY DirtBag; Jan 13, 2018 at 2:04 PM. Reason: add pic

  10. #820
    And where is better? I just skied four runs for conditioning. In fact it was good for an edging clinic!

    I think they were running the new electric compressor when they started making snow as the day went on. And people were working on the Magic Carpet.

    It was terrible to see the damage but I can't think driving North tomorrow will help.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:40 PM.