• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Euler

Very busy this morning. I was there for opening bell at 8:45 and only got in 3 runs before I had to leave at 11:00. Granted, I was going slowly 'cause I kind of suck at steeps, moguls, and trees and I'm trying to improve, but there's no denying the lies were long AF. Black got going a bit after 10:00, but they have to load it as if it were a single...2 people on every other chair. Nonetheless, I had a fantastic morning! I had just been up at Bolton Valley where I felt like king of the mountain with my mad skillz....I dropped into Goniff for my first run this morning and had a quick reminder of what steep really is and how far I have to go in terms of room for improvement in my skiing. It was great to see the crowd there, and I'm sure that the mgmt will get Black's issues sorted out over the summer. Both shots below are Goniff...It was just stunning in the morning sunlight today.
goniff2.jpggoniff1.jpg

BenedictGomez

Very busy this morning. I was there for opening bell at 8:45 and only got in 3 runs before I had to leave at 11:00.

Yikes.

That was the problem with Magic that I experienced last weekend as well. Really the only blemish I could truly find at the place. That said, I imagine Sunday through Friday it's likely the easy choice in Southern Vermont.

prsboogie

Yikes.

That was the problem with Magic that I experienced last weekend as well. Really the only blemish I could truly find at the place. That said, I imagine Sunday Thursday and Friday it's likely the easy choice in Southern Vermont.

Fify!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The Sneak

It was great skiing there yesterday, easily my best day of the year. Wish Black chair was squared away.

Skied to last chair - 5 PM. Run of the day for me was Green line to disappearing act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mriceyman

Hopefully over off season they can get the black up to snuff.. if they can get that loading as at least a consistent double chair then they will be in great shape for next year

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

IceEidolon

I'm still optimistic that Black and Green will both be up next year. No inside knowledge, just optimism.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

IceEidolon

I expect better value could be gotten by replacing the drive terminal or even just the main motor, letting Black load as a triple again.

The extra money from higher ticket sales on Limit Days probably isn't enough to justify full replacement.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

p_levert

JM- With the last couple of weekends at capacity, you guys must be back above your season projections, right?

This weather has been a lifesaver for the VT ski industry. And things still look good for next weekend as well (a little early, I know).

The Sneak

A few more pics from Saturday..that’s me with the fancy pants goggles n blue jacket on the left, getting off the chair...

984cc813ee9805435c338ce50920f38f.jpg

02798ed3356586ddb8bc03928d267a47.jpg
91a3ca92395dfd934c21705b33ac85e9.jpg
77ed97a3502766811f8c7fccf2f01a0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

can't blame the people for trying to ski. and good for magic making money. they have a billboard on i91, and have been getting such good press and social media talk... will be there in one week