• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

Tin

New tag line: “Magic. The alternative to the alternatives”

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

giphy.gif

slatham

Nice article on Magic in latest Ski Mag. I can confirm through reliable sources that there is one bit of fake news in the article....

Dickc

Nice article on Magic in latest Ski Mag. I can confirm through reliable sources that there is one bit of fake news in the article....

I caught that High Speed error too. Nice article. I really want to come to Magic and ski it. Its not going to be this winter as November 2 I am scheduled for back surgery and they will fuse 4 vertebra. I will only ski vicariously through all of you posting on this board for this winter. Sigh. The doctor answered in the affirmative if I would be able to ski NEXT winter!

prsboogie

I caught that High Speed error too. Nice article. I really want to come to Magic and ski it. Its not going to be this winter as November 2 I am scheduled for back surgery and they will fuse 4 vertebra. I will only ski vicariously through all of you posting on this board for this winter. Sigh. The doctor answered in the affirmative if I would be able to ski NEXT winter!
Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it won't be for you but it's amazing how fast a year passes! Damn my parents for being right about that [emoji34]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bdfreetuna

I'll make that extra effort to post some powder day trip reports for your vicarious ski season. Godspeed on the recovery. If it gets too tough staying indoors just remember the doc didn't say anything about snowboarding.

slatham

My brother had that surgery a year ago and has full green light for this ski season. And Tiger Woods had it too and looks like he's about to win the PGA Championship today.

Dickc

I'll make that extra effort to post some powder day trip reports for your vicarious ski season. Godspeed on the recovery. If it gets too tough staying indoors just remember the doc didn't say anything about snowboarding.

But he did say 3 months of no lifing, twisting or bending. Ugh.

Dickc

Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it won't be for you but it's amazing how fast a year passes! Damn my parents for being right about that [emoji34]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I do have a few things that will keep me busy, but I know that skiing will be gnawing at me in the back of my mind.

Dickc

My brother had that surgery a year ago and has full green light for this ski season. And Tiger Woods had it too and looks like he's about to win the PGA Championship today.

I sure hope I come out OK. After my 2016 surgery I did well for 7 months, then it went downhill. I did manage 54 days that winter. I only did 16 last winter and had to give up as it hurt to damn much.

urungus

That sucks about the surgery. Hope it goes well and you will be able to tear it up next winter