• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Proposal for New/Additional Category/Sub-Forum = "Resorts...Businesses " ...etc.

bigbog

Proposal for New/Additional Category/Sub-Forum = "Resorts...Businesses " ...etc.

Since when are business matters/issues/dealings a part of skiing?

All this crap concerning who and how Mr. X scammed the business community and state of VT via some program in the state/country, or where Mr. Z planned to hide his offshore bank account is Utterly Ridiculous in the Skiing forum....y/n?

Not picking on Burke, Jay Peak or Vermont, but if talking about how one goes about stealing/scamming/making(the same?) $$$ in the resort business is one's thing, shouldn't it should be separated from the NE Skiing and Snowboarding forum/sub-forum?

Last edited:

dlague

Since when are business matters/issues/dealings a part of skiing?

All this crap concerning who and how Mr. X scammed the business community and state of VT via some program in the state/country, or where Mr. Z planned to hide his offshore bank account is Utterly Ridiculous in the Skiing forum....y/n?

Not picking on Burke, Jay Peak or Vermont, but if talking about how one goes about stealing/scamming/making(the same?) $$$ in the resort business is one's thing, shouldn't it should be separated from the NE Skiing and Snowboarding forum/sub-forum?

Never really thought about it! It has always been that way and I think you are the first to come up with that.

So do ski area improvements go there too? Ski area closure? Ski area reopening? Etc?

Then this sub-forum would be the summer forum basically. Because 5 out of the 9 threads with new posts are resort/business. The others are about MJ, Beer, Football and skiing on the cheap.

Technically now that I think about it does involve NE Skiing and Snowboarding industry.

Last edited:

Edd

I think it's fine being in the ski forum. It's hard to talk about skiing sometimes without talking about the business of skiing. Topics are usually confined to their own threads. Doesn't seem like a problem.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think it's fine being in the ski forum. It's hard to talk about skiing sometimes without talking about the business of skiing. Topics are usually confined to their own threads. Doesn't seem like a problem.

Exactly.