• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Noaa says la nina is off the table

skier1973

Checkout Bastardi's Winter Forecast at weatherbell.com complete opposite of the PhD working for NWS

skibumski

Checkout Bastardi's Winter Forecast at weatherbell.com complete opposite of the PhD working for NWS
Bastardi's forecast assumes a mid-winter la nina flip that probably isn't happening. Bastardi also forecasted a warm early winter before the flip. If there's no flip... things don't look too good for that prediction.

JimG.

Staff member
Maybe the Yellowstone super volcano will erupt.

Then everyone will be complaining it is too cold.

Los

Maybe the Yellowstone super volcano will erupt.

Then everyone will be complaining it is too cold.

If it upsets you that people are speculating about the weather this far in advance, then why do you bother checking this thread? Your comment was not clever, funny, or helpful, so what's your point? If it's a matter of "moderating", looks like AllSkiing's got it covered. So why don't you do yourself and all of us a favor and don't read this thread or any other that deals with the 2016-2017 winter outlook until YOU think it's appropriate to do so. OK? Thanks pal.

JimG.

Staff member
If it upsets you that people are speculating about the weather this far in advance, then why do you bother checking this thread? Your comment was not clever, funny, or helpful, so what's your point? If it's a matter of "moderating", looks like AllSkiing's got it covered. So why don't you do yourself and all of us a favor and don't read this thread or any other that deals with the 2016-2017 winter outlook until YOU think it's appropriate to do so. OK? Thanks pal.

I'm not upset. You seem upset.

My comment about Yellowstone is no more ridiculous than any of the speculation about this coming winter that has been spouted in this thread. Still summer, still hot. So what?

Maybe YOU should stop reading these threads and lower your stress levels and lower the negativity quotient too.

And I'm not your "pal".

Los

I'm not upset. You seem upset.

My comment about Yellowstone is no more ridiculous than any of the speculation about this coming winter that has been spouted in this thread. Still summer, still hot. So what?

Maybe YOU should stop reading these threads and lower your stress levels and lower the negativity quotient too.

And I'm not your "pal".

Pal, are you suggesting that your earlier comment was a positive contribution to this thread? You can't be serious.

I deleted the rest of this post.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Pal, are you suggesting that your earlier comment was a positive contribution to this thread? You can't be serious.

I deleted the rest of this post.

I said "no more ridiculous than any of the speculation", not "positive contribution". If my comment equates to "positive" for you, OK by me. There is nothing positive about this thread, it is definitively negative as most of these weather discussions in the summer are.

But you are correct in one regard...I will cease to comment on these pointless weather discussions as nobody here has any idea what they are talking about. Thanks for pointing out that I should stop wasting my time.

"Pal".

Los

I said "no more ridiculous than any of the speculation", not "positive contribution". If my comment equates to "positive" for you, OK by me. There is nothing positive about this thread, it is definitively negative as most of these weather discussions in the summer are.

But you are correct in one regard...I will cease to comment on these pointless weather discussions as nobody here has any idea what they are talking about. Thanks for pointing out that I should stop wasting my time.

"Pal".

Sweet victory! Thanks, pal. ;)

ALLSKIING

Staff member

Lol...I wasn't moderating, I was posting a fact. I enjoy the speculation but the fact is the models are mostly wrong.

bigbog

Well for the sake of all North American skiing, let's just hope all these are wrong. Positive is they're all different. Negative is they're all scorching hot. Thankfully still early......

Looks like a pass to Churchill, MB's town hills would be a more sure bet for good snow than anywhere...with a watchful eye towards the dump:-o.....but Sunday, following the AM showers, was a definite breath of fresh, Fall air. Doing the backroad, country drive.....way out in the country = so nice for the psychic. Guess my Boyne Pass will, at least, offer some enjoyable exercise.

Last edited:

catsup948

What is wrong with an average winter? Northern Vermont has been below average snowfall for the last several seasons. Average would be good.

skiberg

La Niña is not a guarantee of anything. All a La Niña winter will guarantee is uncertainty. Average winter will be excellent, especially after last year.