Noaa says la nina is off the table - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Checkout Bastardi's Winter Forecast at weatherbell.com complete opposite of the PhD working for NWS

Quote Originally Posted by skier1973 View Post
    Checkout Bastardi's Winter Forecast at weatherbell.com complete opposite of the PhD working for NWS
    Bastardi's forecast assumes a mid-winter la nina flip that probably isn't happening. Bastardi also forecasted a warm early winter before the flip. If there's no flip... things don't look too good for that prediction.

Maybe the Yellowstone super volcano will erupt.

Then everyone will be complaining it is too cold.

Quote Originally Posted by skibumski View Post
    Bastardi's forecast assumes a mid-winter la nina flip that probably isn't happening. Bastardi also forecasted a warm early winter before the flip. If there's no flip... things don't look too good for that prediction.
    It's way to early....they are all guessing.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Maybe the Yellowstone super volcano will erupt.

Then everyone will be complaining it is too cold.
    If it upsets you that people are speculating about the weather this far in advance, then why do you bother checking this thread? Your comment was not clever, funny, or helpful, so what's your point? If it's a matter of "moderating", looks like AllSkiing's got it covered. So why don't you do yourself and all of us a favor and don't read this thread or any other that deals with the 2016-2017 winter outlook until YOU think it's appropriate to do so. OK? Thanks pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    If it upsets you that people are speculating about the weather this far in advance, then why do you bother checking this thread? Your comment was not clever, funny, or helpful, so what's your point? If it's a matter of "moderating", looks like AllSkiing's got it covered. So why don't you do yourself and all of us a favor and don't read this thread or any other that deals with the 2016-2017 winter outlook until YOU think it's appropriate to do so. OK? Thanks pal.
    I'm not upset. You seem upset.

My comment about Yellowstone is no more ridiculous than any of the speculation about this coming winter that has been spouted in this thread. Still summer, still hot. So what?

Maybe YOU should stop reading these threads and lower your stress levels and lower the negativity quotient too.

And I'm not your "pal".

Noaa says la nina is off the table

I'm not upset. You seem upset.

My comment about Yellowstone is no more ridiculous than any of the speculation about this coming winter that has been spouted in this thread. Still summer, still hot. So what?

Maybe YOU should stop reading these threads and lower your stress levels and lower the negativity quotient too.

And I'm not your "pal".
    Pal, are you suggesting that your earlier comment was a positive contribution to this thread? You can't be serious.

I deleted the rest of this post.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Last edited by Los; Sep 11, 2016 at 5:57 PM.

Pal, are you suggesting that your earlier comment was a positive contribution to this thread? You can't be serious.

I deleted the rest of this post.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    I said "no more ridiculous than any of the speculation", not "positive contribution". If my comment equates to "positive" for you, OK by me. There is nothing positive about this thread, it is definitively negative as most of these weather discussions in the summer are.

But you are correct in one regard...I will cease to comment on these pointless weather discussions as nobody here has any idea what they are talking about. Thanks for pointing out that I should stop wasting my time.

"Pal".

I said "no more ridiculous than any of the speculation", not "positive contribution". If my comment equates to "positive" for you, OK by me. There is nothing positive about this thread, it is definitively negative as most of these weather discussions in the summer are.

But you are correct in one regard...I will cease to comment on these pointless weather discussions as nobody here has any idea what they are talking about. Thanks for pointing out that I should stop wasting my time.

"Pal".
    Sweet victory! Thanks, pal.

Lol...I wasn't moderating, I was posting a fact. I enjoy the speculation but the fact is the models are mostly wrong.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 2

Thread Information